Stacks and Tonneau covers...

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
Well I figured I would post up how I made out. I ended up calling the local upholstery ship and told them what I was looking to do. The sewed 4 loops in the cover and put a binding around the hole for a whopping $10 bucks.

I had 4 loops sewn into it to not only prevent the rolled up cover from rolling forward, but also to keep tension so the part around the stack didnt loosen up and touch it. Then I just used the straps that came on the cover to keep it from rolling backwards. Not much tension on any of the straps really. The cover weighs enough to prevent it from just flopping around.

IMAG0878.jpg

IMAG0877.jpg

IMAG0875.jpg

IMAG0874.jpg

And this is what it looks like unrolled...

IMAG0860.jpg

Forever

This 1 time, at band camp
Jan 4, 2009
Utah
Looks good. Have any pictures further back of your stack?

Also, What Tonneau did you go with? I'm looking at buying one.

Dragonsfireloki

Nov 6, 2011
North Dakota
Well I figured I would post up how I made out. I ended up calling the local upholstery ship and told them what I was looking to do. The sewed 4 loops in the cover and put a binding around the hole for a whopping $10 bucks.

I had 4 loops sewn into it to not only prevent the rolled up cover from rolling forward, but also to keep tension so the part around the stack didnt loosen up and touch it. Then I just used the straps that came on the cover to keep it from rolling backwards. Not much tension on any of the straps really. The cover weighs enough to prevent it from just flopping around.

IMAG0878.jpg

IMAG0877.jpg

IMAG0875.jpg

IMAG0874.jpg

And this is what it looks like unrolled...

IMAG0860.jpg

That looks really clean and professional almost like you bought it that way, not a big fan of the tarp straps, but it works and i can't think of a much better way to do it. My old boss was going to put a cover on his truck with stacks and had a good idea, i will have to call him later and ask what he was going to do again.

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
Looks good. Have any pictures further back of your stack?

Also, What Tonneau did you go with? I'm looking at buying one.

I have the Agri Cover Vanish. I've had it for about 3 years or so. Here is a couple of pics right when I finished the stack a little further back...

IMAG0823.jpg

IMAG0822.jpg

That looks really clean and professional almost like you bought it that way, not a big fan of the tarp straps, but it works and i can't think of a much better way to do it. My old boss was going to put a cover on his truck with stacks and had a good idea, i will have to call him later and ask what he was going to do again.

Thanks! I agree on the straps too, but they are only used when the cover is rolled up which isnt that often so they will do for now.