Stacks and Tonneau covers...

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
Im looking to put a 6" single stack in my truck but I want to retain my tonneau cover. I have seen plenty of indirect pictures of this done but Id like to ask you guys to post your pictures and how you cut the hole and kept it looking neat.

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
All I can say is to drill the hole in the proper place. If you make it about 1/4" larger than your stack, you shouldn't have any heat problems.

Ps.... Wanna trade exhaust? Lol

dbev24

Oct 27, 2011
Darlington pa
Did this with a friends truck we just put a size larger stack over his existing one like a heat shield and then cut the cover tight to it so there wouldn't be much water getting in his bed but it came out pretty good and was easy.

Atouchofgrass

Jun 19, 2010
CT
Did a little search for you, here are a few different trucks i've found, you may want to use a piece of stainless so it looks better, figured i'd try and find some ideas for ya :thumb:

Picture002.jpg

vbpgimage.php

JDub

Aug 9, 2009
Hooper, Utah
I had the Agricover Laredo roll-up in my 7.3L truck with a single stack, just trimmed it in the proper location. Made the hole about 1/4" larger than the stack all the way around. Didn't have to stitch it or anything after I cut it. Never had an issue.

JakeBrakeIH

Dec 24, 2010
Yaphank, NY
Thanks for the feed back guys! I think Im just gonna cut it for now and see how it looks. Only other thing I was thinking of was, when you roll the cover up, how do you keep it from unrolling? The way it is now you roll it up then use the little bungies to prevent it from unrolling. You obviously cannot do that with a stack in the way. I was thinking of having some loops sewn into it at the proper distance to let be rolled up, and clear the stack?

04llygmc

Jan 10, 2007
Argos, Indiana
I have pics in my garage on DP. I had to put a plate on the top of mine. I just cut a hole in my cover at first but when it got cold and the cover shrunk it tore.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Just installed this one on my buddies truck tonight. For now the cover is just cut but will be getting a stainless ring/plate here shortly..

Robstack.jpg

Robstack2.jpg