Slayed an LMM

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Lol im just giving ya a hard time. Your lmm was a rocket forsure. Ive owned both, dont see any difference. Between the 2. As for noisy, i never noticed that either, running both mine side by side, i couldn't tell a difference in cab or outside. Both mine are well under 100k tho.

That's why I am thinking it might be valve train noise.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Pretty much.

I got a recent deal on stock heads with the SoCal springs already in them and just went with the push rods for piece of mind. It probably won't be turned up like that again. I do beat it on it regularly but it has a single cp3 so I don't worry about it as much. I would love to have a built motor but just can't see spending so much on it.

Yea that's my delima right now, everything is so damn expensive for these motors, Im probably just gonna twin it when I get home and throw some bigger injectors in and be done and buy a vette:D

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Yea that's my delima right now, everything is so damn expensive for these motors, Im probably just gonna twin it when I get home and throw some bigger injectors in and be done and buy a vette:D

Might be your best bet. Shits f@ckin too expensive...

I have nozzles that I need to send out to get modded. And I have a twin kit with a charger that I need to modify to work in my truck sitting in the garage.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Might be your best bet. Shits f@ckin too expensive...

I have nozzles that I need to send out to get modded. And I have a twin kit with a charger that I need to modify to work in my truck sitting in the garage.

Nice we need to get together so I can check your truck out, what charger you puting on there? I'm gonna have Sam at southern style help me out with a pair of 259's there's a red LBZ that he did a set on he's floating around here somewhere.

mackthehack

DUH...
Apr 16, 2007
Nice we need to get together so I can check your truck out, what charger you puting on there? I'm gonna have Sam at southern style help me out with a pair of 259's there's a red LBZ that he did a set on he's floating around here somewhere.

pm'd ya

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Thats because they all have a Smarty with a stock trans! You better be able to row some gears, because if you race a built auto truck froma dig your azz is grass no matter what brand truck it is. A 6spd is awesome from a roll as Im sure you found out!

a lot of people think that but from a dig my trucks pretty impressive. I had a wrx by half a truck from a dig until I hit fourth, he got half a car on me and that's all he could get. but he did beat me but not by much. and mines faster since then. not saying it would outshift a build auto. but I tell everyone how I can shift it. then they ride in it and they look like this :cool2:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I loved my zf6 from a roll. From a dig though it was not fun. I was scared of breaking it by dumping the clutch. But From 20 to 120 that thing was way more fun than my Allison truck is. I hope I get the opportunity to buy it back one day. :D :poke:

sent from a galaxy far far away
I launch at 3200rpm's second in 4 high with level cv's sleeves and no fear.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
a lot of people think that but from a dig my trucks pretty impressive. I had a wrx by half a truck from a dig until I hit fourth, he got half a car on me and that's all he could get. but he did beat me but not by much. and mines faster since then. not saying it would outshift a build auto. but I tell everyone how I can shift it. then they ride in it and they look like this :cool2:

Theres no doubt that your truck scoots. But unless it was a Subi STI then he MIGHT be able to hit high 13s. Sticks are a ton of fun to drive, but you cant outshift an automatic. And if you try too many times, bye bye syncros!

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
I have fun with people, even at the track. but it seems everyone wants to play with me on the main road in town like retards. No, I am not going to race you in traffic with people walking across the street in a 30 mph zone

But at the track I make a lot of people mad, nothing like a corvette getting butthurt he lost to a CCLB truck on 37s

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I blew my g80. got a posi now. it was a subaru debadged so not sure if it was an sti he runs high 12's normally. he said he overboosted so probably put us around a low 13 in our race. synchros last longer than a stock allison at big power:). clutch however:(

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
And zf's dont limp or blow cooler lines:rofl:. but congrads on beating the lmm if u guys race again get it on video:thumb:

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
ah yes cause we all know the stock ZF6 clutch is much better than a stock allison :rofl: :D

It is a hell of a lot better, the vibration from the broken dmf let's you know the motors running so you don't forget at red lights and the clank clunk let's you know when it's off :D

sent from a galaxy far far away

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
ah yes cause we all know the stock ZF6 clutch is much better than a stock allison :rofl: :D

A new shiny clutch is half the price of a new allison. :) dmf's were juunk! ill post a video of me after gateway in september. they have an all truck day coming up. and a guy at my work has an lml he thinks is gonna win cuz its auto. the worst thing about a zf is finding one- thats not a work truck. aroynd me built autos are about as common as a zf so i dont worry to much:thumb:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
A new shiny clutch is half the price of a new allison. :) dmf's were juunk! ill post a video of me after gateway in september. they have an all truck day coming up. and a guy at my work has an lml he thinks is gonna win cuz its auto. the worst thing about a zf is finding one- thats not a work truck. aroynd me built autos are about as common as a zf so i dont worry to much:thumb:

lol i knew you would say that :D. we were talking stock for stock though. Now modified, sure its 2k for a good clutch but thats you doing all the work, not replacing the slave cylinder or trans fluid. double it and you get a built trans with a warranty, help on call when ever you need, something that will still out shift a manual, and no stiff/sore leg when sitting in traffic :D.

i wanted a zf6 back before i had mike build the trans. i never "planned" on doing what i have done now. but back then, trying to swap to a zf6 was damn near unheard of on the internet, wasnt cheap, and woulda been a heck of a headache to try to do in a weekend

dman777

Apr 11, 2012
Ill let u know in september. never been down a legit track yet.
Well I don't know where you are located but if you ever make it down to Texas for races in Ennis, Denton, Temple etc. let me know. I'll put my stock allison up against your aftermarket clutch zf6. :poke: