Slayed an LMM

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I haven't ran into the right truck yet. I beat a common rail cummins last night on the highway. it was an auto I don't know if it was a 5.9 or a 6.7. he jumped me on the second honk at about 60mph but I got it back and passed him. would of smoked him from a stop I think. that's the closest race ive had since a wrx. it was a lot faster than I thought.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I haven't ran into the right truck yet. I beat a common rail cummins last night on the highway. it was an auto I don't know if it was a 5.9 or a 6.7. he jumped me on the second honk at about 60mph but I got it back and passed him. would of smoked him from a stop I think. that's the closest race ive had since a wrx. it was a lot faster than I thought.

Thats because they all have a Smarty with a stock trans! You better be able to row some gears, because if you race a built auto truck froma dig your azz is grass no matter what brand truck it is. A 6spd is awesome from a roll as Im sure you found out!

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Thats because they all have a Smarty with a stock trans! You better be able to row some gears, because if you race a built auto truck froma dig your azz is grass no matter what brand truck it is. A 6spd is awesome from a roll as Im sure you found out!

I loved my zf6 from a roll. From a dig though it was not fun. I was scared of breaking it by dumping the clutch. But From 20 to 120 that thing was way more fun than my Allison truck is. I hope I get the opportunity to buy it back one day. :D :poke:

sent from a galaxy far far away

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
But it was an LMM that pushed it that fast, and these LBZ motors are dime a dozen. Nobody wants these junky head gasket leaking motors :D

Id take a leaky head gasket pos before a rod chuckin lmm like u had.:angel: least u can still drive a leaky head gasket for awhile.:roflmao:

Seems the lmms are same dime a dozen.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
In all honesty, this LBZ motor is a lot noisier then my LMM was. Not sure if it is valve train or what. I have a fresh set of heads with SoCal valve springs, MA pushrods, studs, and gaskets setting here waiting to go on.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Lol im just giving ya a hard time. Your lmm was a rocket forsure. Ive owned both, dont see any difference. Between the 2. As for noisy, i never noticed that either, running both mine side by side, i couldn't tell a difference in cab or outside. Both mine are well under 100k tho.

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach

What internals you got in that LBZ, and your heads are they stock and ported with socal springs? I'm building my motor when I get back home in June and am trying to decide how much I want to spend. And also what numbers your shooting for. Thanks

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
What internals you got in that LBZ, and your heads are they stock and ported with socal springs? I'm building my motor when I get back home in June and am trying to decide how much I want to spend. And also what numbers your shooting for. Thanks

Doubt hes shootin for huge numbers. Unless he builds one of them so he can push it more. His last stock motor was 11.6s and 700+hp i believe. I doubt he wants to blow it again.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
Doubt hes shootin for huge numbers. Unless he builds one of them so he can push it more. His last stock motor was 11.6s and 700+hp i believe. I doubt he wants to blow it again.

Pretty much.

I got a recent deal on stock heads with the SoCal springs already in them and just went with the push rods for piece of mind. It probably won't be turned up like that again. I do beat it on it regularly but it has a single cp3 so I don't worry about it as much. I would love to have a built motor but just can't see spending so much on it.