Shopping for a new forum "home".

Tail_gunner

A&P Aircraft Mechanic
Nov 6, 2011
Da U.P.
A week and a half ago, I became a convert. For the last 12 1/2 years, I've been driving a 99 F-250 Superduty with the venerable 7.3. But with 306,000 mile on her, and having a need for a daily driver to get to/from work with, I had to get something newer. The new Superdutys are now just too damned ugly for my taste, especially the interior. So a week and a half ago I became the happy owner of a new 2011 GMC 2500HD SLE extended cab short bed with of course, a Duramax.

My 99 7.3 Powerstroke has been the perfect truck for over 12 years now. I will miss it when I find it a new home. I will especially miss the kick in arse I got when the chip was turned up and I pressed the "go" pedal down. As quick as my new Duramax is, my 7.3 with 306,000 miles on it, will "kill" it in short order. Maybe in time, I will remedy that situation.;)

I've been looking around looking for a new Duramax forum. This is the first I've found that looks like it's here for the members benefit and not for a commercial "for profit" purpose, selling subscriptions for money. FWIW, this place looks to be the VERY similar to the Powerstroke forum I've been a member of since shortly after it started 6 1/2 years ago. It has a homey & familar look to it, which I like. If I continue to like what I see, I may be around here for at least that long or more.
1026111416a.jpg

Attachments

• 1026111416a.jpg
    1026111416a.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Welcome,you came to the rite place,very knowledgable people here that are very willing to help and howie is rite with the rite tuning it will make your old f 250 look like it was tied to a pole.Atleast you found this site 1st i went thru 4 before i found my diesel forum home.

Last edited:

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
:hello: and :welcome5:

Nope we will never charge members or have Google ad's here :coolspot:

Tail_gunner

A&P Aircraft Mechanic
Nov 6, 2011
Da U.P.
Welcome, fellow Michigander (even if ya are a yooper) :rofl:

Thanks TheBac, You should know that being a troll isn't always a bad thing!!;)

on edit: For the benefit of those not from Michigan, Allow me to explain a couple of local "slang" terms. If you look at a map, you'll see that Michigan is divided into two parts, the Upper Peninnsula or U.P., and lower Michigan, lower peninnsula or downstate as it is sometimes refered to by those of us living in the U.P.

Those of us living in Da U.P. refer to ourselves as U.P.'ers or "Yoopers". From our perspective, those that live downstate, live below Da Bridge. (http://www.mackinacbridge.org)
Since they reside below Da Bridge, they are sometimes jokingly refered to as Trolls. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Billy_Goats_Gruff)

Last edited:

AIRBORNE

Nov 4, 2011
Morgantown, WV
Welcome. I like this site already too. Another diesel forum I joined back in 09 was okay. However, as soon as you ask a question you would have 3 or 4 members jumping down your throat saying the topic had already been addressed. It was a turn off for sure.

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Thanks TheBac, You should know that being a troll isn't always a bad thing!!;)

on edit: For the benefit of those not from Michigan, Allow me to explain a couple of local "slang" terms. If you look at a map, you'll see that Michigan is divided into two parts, the Upper Peninnsula or U.P., and lower Michigan, lower peninnsula or downstate as it is sometimes refered to by those of us living in the U.P.

Those of us living in Da U.P. refer to ourselves as U.P.'ers or "Yoopers". From our perspective, those that live downstate, live below Da Bridge. (http://www.mackinacbridge.org)
Since they reside below Da Bridge, they are sometimes jokingly refered to as Trolls. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Billy_Goats_Gruff)
I tought tom looked a little funny :rofl:

J/K Tom :hug:

RKTMech

Idiot with a wrench
Aug 18, 2008
The Norco's
Make yourself at home...... I'd like to see you get some miles on your LML and before you sell your old ford run'em and let us know how it went!