Question: shift kits

speedmetal6.6

Dodge Destroyer
Nov 3, 2008
Gillette,Wyoming
What could be causing white smoke at tart up

I asked this question in a previous thread. What is causing the truck to smoke after start up ,it does quit after it warms up but it does it only on the highest tune on my tuner wich is 225 . I took it to my buddy and he used a scan tool and found nothing but that may have been because the truck was turned down to stock at the time. with it stock it wont smoke at all and now on stage 3 160hp it just puffs a liittle white smoke right when it fires up and no more, should I take the tuner off and get it looked at closer or am I OK

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
could be a blown head gasket, shortened rod, or mabey its just been cold out in the morning wich will cause a little white smoke

speedmetal6.6

Dodge Destroyer
Nov 3, 2008
Gillette,Wyoming
uh oh

It would smoke on the stock tune if it was a head gasket right? and would that shortened rod make noise or no? P.S. when I first noticed the truck smoking it was 55 outside and it quits when the engine is warmed up. Also what would be some things I could do to determine a head gasket is blown besides coolant in my oil and vice versa

slowlmm

Mar 2, 2008
so cal
Have you been loosing any coolant ? 55s not really tht cold I ever saw my truck smoke whit untill low teens. You could do a compresion check if you wanted to help diagnose a potential problem. It could also just be the way the tune is set up since you say it dosent do it with the stock tune in. mabey try another tune and see if it still does it and go from there.

1lowdiesel

<- wish i was there
Sep 18, 2008
In
have you dynoed your truck ? i would bet you have done damage to your clutches. both my c3-4s where burnt and never limped once

oh i'm sure they have some nice crispy marks in them. i dyno'd it once but couldn't get traction on the rollers. the sheet literally had a loop in it.

You must not drive it very hard. I can smoke an '05 Alli in minutes with a PPE tune.

not in the least :joker:
well i just put the PPE on there so i'll find out saturday when i go to the track just how long it'll last.