Seriously?

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
Sometimes the worst offences are from shops that know that what they sold the customer was junk but they did it purely for the profit margin. I also thought that being a tech for the largest pipeline company in the country would be 100% jimmy rig free, but unfortunately, that isn't the case either haha.

My most recent :WTF2:in my shop though was a 05 dodge that had driven for about 6 months with a grinding and jumping in the front end while turning. Never got under it to just check it out. The axle u-joints were disintegrated, ball joints disintegrated, front diff had no fluid left in it, brake rotors were cracked, only half the exhaust was still there, and the turbo was stuck. All with only 55k miles.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach

Yngdmax92

Sep 26, 2013
you guys want to see some cool stuff. I work at a salvage yard, be prepared. Ill snap some pictures of some things that i see daily lol

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
My pics are full on here, I see some cool stuff at my work as well, repair and maintain the old core mine drills of customers and we have rentals that get treated like rentals we have to fix.

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Great thread idea. Awesome read. Wonder what would give first the tread or the sidewall?

Maybe it's just me but that seems like a great price

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I paid 17k for a 5yo 07.5 with 98k LS package.. 25k little on the high side for a 5yo truck.IMO. location can change value that much as well
Might be a '11 non def truck there's a few out there that skirted the cut off.. Which could call for more $$

Either way I can't do anything right now... :(

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Yeah I know, it's ****ing stupid how much the price varys. I'm probly going back to a regular cab, only reason I bought the LLY cc back in the day was to sleep in when I first started the rigs and worked 16's all the time and was an 1+ from anywhere. Those days are long gone.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Have a super nice 13 cc sb ltz, big lift. Power folding boards. Some reason they cut all the e brake cables off. Each one at its bracket on the dust shield and then up at the pedal too. ?? Maybe they thought the power boards would hit the cable.

gmasko

Jun 14, 2014
Sacramento
F-that... I would have told the boss to blow me.... I ain't working on that mofo:thumb:
Is this what happens when you choose rims with the wrong backspacing? Never understood the dimensions beyond height and rim size ha-ha. With all the guys that wrench for a living on here surprised I haven't seen a thread like this before. Keep it going!!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
Is this what happens when you choose rims with the wrong backspacing? Never understood the dimensions beyond height and rim size ha-ha. With all the guys that wrench for a living on here surprised I haven't seen a thread like this before. Keep it going!!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My service writer told me this kit was the original trail master IFS lift. Something about they went out of business as well? Utilizes the stock knuckle with a lift block sandwiched on top to move the upper ball joint higher. Then a lowering center link that moves the connections further inboard. I believe that completely changes the steering angles incorrectly. So if you don't have enough offset in the wheel or wheel spacers the tire rubs drastically on the upper ball joint and control arm.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
My service writer told me this kit was the original trail master IFS lift. Something about they went out of business as well? Utilizes the stock knuckle with a lift block sandwiched on top to move the upper ball joint higher. Then a lowering center link that moves the connections further inboard. I believe that completely changes the steering angles incorrectly. So if you don't have enough offset in the wheel or wheel spacers the tire rubs drastically on the upper ball joint and control arm.

We had that lift on my moms old 98 3500 cc/lb 454. it was a 4" lift and it always had shit going out of wack on it. My dad put a whipple charger on it at 10k miles and said when it hits 70k, hes selling it. mainly used it to tow our 35ft toy hauler at the time and he was scared the 4l80 would start going out not longer at that mileage.

but for the lift, one of the rear blocks sheared its pin off while at the dealer for some work that was causing it to go into limp mode. shoved the tire into the bed fender and f-ed it up (u bolts were tight too). Then the drop down steering bs would come loose every 5-10k and need to be tighten back up. Liked to eat tires and never really rode the best. i hope they are long gone. such a POS lift

btw, the spindle spacers arent uncommon in toyota IFS lifts. if the bolts stay tight and the spacing is correct, i dont see them as that big a deal compared to other bs things lift companys have done but its certainly a cheaper way to get lift.

Briggs0130

Dec 7, 2010
This definitely made my day! Makes you cringe every time you think about this stuff following you down the highway doing 80 mph!