Schrader Test Port

03-GMC

Let there be light!!
Mar 26, 2009
SLC, Utah
So I was looking at the schrader test port on my truck to see if it was a good place to tap in for a fuel pressure gauge. I popped the cap off and noticed it has fuel in there plus it was bubbling :confused: Is this normal or anything I should be worried about?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Clean it out and see if it comes back might of been in there from the last time gm used it

if your going to use that to tie into just remove the valve an hook to the hose behind it using a barb fitting

03-GMC

Let there be light!!
Mar 26, 2009
SLC, Utah
Clean it out and see if it comes back might of been in there from the last time gm used it

if your going to use that to tie into just remove the valve an hook to the hose behind it using a barb fitting

How long do you think fuel would stay there? I have owned the truck for 3 years now and havent had it to a dealer once. Also what about the bubbles?

Last edited:

Big Angry

<--My idea of a good time
Sep 3, 2006
South Central Pa
I got a fitting from Tony B that replaced that valve, and it was quick and easy, and my autometer 15psi fuel gauge plugged right in. Simple 10 minute job.:thumb:

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
How long do you think fuel would stay there? I have owned the truck for 3 years now and havent had it to a dealer once. Also what about the bubbles?

its common for fuel to be there and some bubbles its the air bleeder port it burps its self as it needs to.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
You can buy a schradervalve adapter but I think those are upwards of $100, or you can unscrew the actual vavle off the fuel line, it would be much cheaper to get an adapter fitting on the fuel line threads than adapting to the schradervalve. MMLMM could probably tell you the thread pitch if you needed a fitting

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
A 12 mm deep socket to remove the 2 nuts and a pair of pliers to remove the hose clamp

there is nothing connected to the rail

I didnt mean to say rail, sorry. Be careful when using a 7/8 wrench on the schrader valve trying to unscrew from the aluminum fuel line. Use PB blaster on it to be sure you don't mess it up like me

But what are you talking about?

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
If you r thinking of hooking to the fitting under the shafer fitting it's going to be tough to find it's 16mm x 1.5 female

like I said allready keep it simple and use a 1/4 barb fitting and hook your hose to it 1/4 " will work well
7d8d880f.jpg

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
I didnt mean to say rail, sorry. Be careful when using a 7/8 wrench on the schrader valve trying to unscrew from the aluminum fuel line. Use PB blaster on it to be sure you don't mess it up like me

But what are you talking about?

start by using metric wrenches;) he does not need to split it!!!! Just pull the assembly off ....... Done

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Ohh I didn't notice the LB7 had a different setup. On my LBZ you either unscrew the valve itself or get an adapter to the scrader.... there is no valve assembly line that unhooks from the fuel line. the valve is attached to the hard fuel line itself...

And as far as the 7/8, its close enough with a 6 point

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Lb7/lly//lbz all different:)

I only recomemded this because it is easy and IMO
the best place to get LP press from on a LB7