s366/s480 vs s475

cafryer

May 5, 2011
Utah
You will probably see about the same HP but the compounds will drive better. The 475 with good tuning can be street able my race truck runs a 478 as its high pressure and its not to bad.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Brandon, If your going to do allot of heavy towing I would definately do the twins or the 366 as a single. If your just towing light, like a bass boat or a utility trailer 8k lbs and under the S475 as a single will work great and also be easier on your bottom end. You can still town very heavy with the S475 as a single but you have to stay on your toes, watch egt's and have a good trans tune to keep rpms up. Its great for daily driving, light towing, playing on the street and drag racing, just not good for frequent heavy towing.

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
Boonville, MO/Pendleton, CA
Brandon, If your going to do allot of heavy towing I would definately do the twins or the 366 as a single. If your just towing light, like a bass boat or a utility trailer 8k lbs and under the S475 as a single will work great and also be easier on your bottom end. You can still town very heavy with the S475 as a single but you have to stay on your toes, watch egt's and have a good trans tune to keep rpms up. Its great for daily driving, light towing, playing on the street and drag racing, just not good for frequent heavy towing.

So twins are harder on stock bottom end? I thought it was the other way around due to boost? I'm just wondering because I'm in the same boat as Brandon, do 66/80 on stock bottom end (hate vvts) or another big single.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
It really depends on tuning. A big single doesnt light until you up in the rpms which is better on your bottom end. Twins produce lots of bottom end torque which can bend rods easier. If tuned properly the power will come on more linear with twins and the bottom end will be fine. Lots of fuel down low and you'll have a hole in your block with twins.

dmax711

Mar 4, 2011
concord, north carolina
It really depends on tuning. A big single doesnt light until you up in the rpms which is better on your bottom end. Twins produce lots of bottom end torque which can bend rods easier. If tuned properly the power will come on more linear with twins and the bottom end will be fine. Lots of fuel down low and you'll have a hole in your block with twins.

x2 I love my s475, I was very surprised at how good it spools off the line. very minimal lag

05chevy

Jun 10, 2010
x2 I love my s475, I was very surprised at how good it spools off the line. very minimal lag

Agree if you are not going to tow much. You can't beat a 475 single. Mine drives awesome on the street and makes good power.

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
I dont have a 475 but my danville 72 works great in my opinion. I tow a 12000 pound 5th wheel with it, I am twinning mine because I would like it light a little quicker while towing, and lets be honest I just want more power at the track.

dmax711

Mar 4, 2011
concord, north carolina
Agree if you are not going to tow much. You can't beat a 475 single. Mine drives awesome on the street and makes good power.

they can make great power. my 75 as it sits will support 900+ with the proper fuel. that's pretty impressive for a turbo that has good street manners and you can still tow with!

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
I think a big single is more fun. I've been in a lot of twin setups and nothing has the hard hit like an s475. I have 22k on mine with it and don't really have any regrets, just wish I had more fuel. lol.