Radar detectors

maxaholic

Dec 6, 2008
Central, Texas
I'm running a Cobra right now and it does okay. The next one I get will be a Rocky Mountain Radar. It has a scrambler built in too and they freaking work bada$$. A buddy that had one was running about 90 trying to get home. He got pulled over and the cop gave him a ticket for running 69 in a 65. The cop then said " ha I guess your fancy radar detector didn't help you out any". My buddy told him that it actually did and that he was going 90. Stupid move on my buddies part, but the cop still let him off.

2wd_Sled_Puller

Heavy Equiment mechanic
Feb 19, 2008
Florida
I'm running a Cobra right now and it does okay. The next one I get will be a Rocky Mountain Radar. It has a scrambler built in too and they freaking work bada$$. A buddy that had one was running about 90 trying to get home. He got pulled over and the cop gave him a ticket for running 69 in a 65. The cop then said " ha I guess your fancy radar detector didn't help you out any". My buddy told him that it actually did and that he was going 90. Stupid move on my buddies part, but the cop still let him off.

Ive had that rador dector and it sucked. Only went off when u where going to get a ticket. The scrambler only scarmles for 5 sec's with my passport it will let me no Miles and miles in advance that there is a cop ahead and gives me plenty of time to slow down. If there is a cop within a 4 mile radius popping people as they go by it tells me POP ahead

Unit453

How fast was I going?
Sep 20, 2008
Florida
thetruckstop.us
I run the $5000 RADAR system, with dual antennas, multiple vehicle tracking, complete with remote and an operator guaranteed to outsmart RADAR detectors...:D

Thank goodness for the remote...:angel:

Attachments

• HPIM0563.JPG
    HPIM0563.JPG
    253.4 KB · Views: 61
  • HPIM0570.JPG
    HPIM0570.JPG
    438.8 KB · Views: 60
  • HPIM0571.JPG
    HPIM0571.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 55
  • HPIM0572.JPG
    HPIM0572.JPG
    238.7 KB · Views: 54

Unit453

How fast was I going?
Sep 20, 2008
Florida
thetruckstop.us
Sorry, I had to do it. I used to run one for years myself until I sat on the opposite side of them and proved them pretty much worthless. Some people swear by them though and thats cool.

Dec 2, 2006
TN
i run the $5000 radar system, with dual antennas, multiple vehicle tracking, complete with remote and an operator guaranteed to outsmart radar detectors...:d

thank goodness for the remote...:angel:

:D

Darn Po Po

Last edited: