Pushin' Boost

Nomad_LBZ

Steady Sleepin'
Oct 18, 2015
Lake Charles, LA
Last night I hit a backroad and figured I'd let her launch and have some fun. Let's see what kinda boost people have thrown up lately!
picture.php

TROJAN366

Gold Rush
Jan 13, 2012
MASS
When my truck is making full boost I am holding onto the steering wheel with white knuckles and focusing on keeping it on the road. I think it makes like 75-78psi

Nomad_LBZ

Steady Sleepin'
Oct 18, 2015
Lake Charles, LA
Kinda what I was figuring with boost like that. Im trying not to blow my headgaskets before I get the chance to put my studs in. So yeah guess my "shits weak" until then

DMAXchris

It’s only temporary!
Apr 28, 2009
Natrona Heights PA
Kinda what I was figuring with boost like that. Im trying not to blow my headgaskets before I get the chance to put my studs in. So yeah guess my "shits weak" until then

I believe he was talking to Mike with his lowly 85psi. :thumb:

They all have studs because all of them have built motors. If you blow your HGs, then it gives you an excuse to put the studs in sooner. :D

Nomad_LBZ

Steady Sleepin'
Oct 18, 2015
Lake Charles, LA
I believe he was talking to Mike with his lowly 85psi. :thumb:

They all have studs because all of them have built motors. If you blow your HGs, then it gives you an excuse to put the studs in sooner. :D

Lol I've got my studs in hand, I just gotta get some time to put them in. hopefully sooner than later

melms23

Jul 30, 2011
WI
I make over 55lbs. No head studs. Roughly 40k miles 10-12 hooks and 8 or so 12 second passes.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az

drive pressure combined with high cyl pressues will blow the HG before boost will. prior to the built motor, i ran twins at 50-55psi on stock head studs with no issues. just wound up with bent rods instead.