Precision turbo question

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
You are not going to find any diesel guys with experience with the smaller precision turbos, unless wagler has someone running one. Someone has to try it, right? Give it a whirl. If the ones you were looking at were expensive, i'd be apprehensive to be the guinea pig. Their customer service has been good for me. Have owned 3 different ones. None have blown up despite being pushed hard. Just average rebuilds.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
Some of their models dont use turbines that they design. Some use Garrett stuff. I'd bet the cheaper/smaller models dont have a in-house design or the price would reflect it.

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
You are not going to find any diesel guys with experience with the smaller precision turbos, unless wagler has someone running one. Someone has to try it, right? Give it a whirl. If the ones you were looking at were expensive, i'd be apprehensive to be the guinea pig. Their customer service has been good for me. Have owned 3 different ones. None have blown up despite being pushed hard. Just average rebuilds.
You're correct on the guinea pig part. I remember when Trent was putting the trriples together and "everybody" was going crazy over them. And for the most part they were going with a stock turbo. Someone had to bite.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Dmax_Ben

Dec 7, 2016
I could do that, yes. I'm looking for more power than a upgrade stock can support on the top end though. As I gather parts for the build I'm going to probably run a bigger stock cover and wheel as a 63.5.

Well you could do a 68 from Danville for a while then throw s475 on it when you build your motor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
Well you could do a 68 from Danville for a while then throw s475 on it when you build your motor

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It'd have to be a fixed vane. It's an LB7 and I would like to find excellent spool with about 150 lb/min in the atmospheric turbo/turbos. I I don't know what the S488sxe flows, but the 476sxe pushes 135 I think. They'd probably spool the best out of the charger BW offers.

Last edited: