LML Ppei vs GDP tuning for lml

Littletank8

Nov 13, 2017
Central, ca
New to the forum, just picked up my first duramax last weekend. A 2016 ccsb ltz with 38k miles, once the warranty is up I plan on deleting. Googled the topic but couldn't seem to find anything. Anyways looking at getting the ezlynk setup and noticed the two most popular tuners are GDP and ppei. Was wondering if any of you guys have ran both of their tunes and what are some of the pros and cons of each tuner. Also what are some of the mpgs you guys are seeing with their tunes. I can already hear some of you guys' saying "why'd you buy a truck if your worried about mpg" but don't really need to hear that. If there aren't really any cons to GDP or ppei and it's really a toss up with who I should go with then mpg could be a deciding factor. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
I'm very happy with my MotorOps delete tuning on my LML. Have been running for almost 40k miles. Gets 21-22 mpg on the highway with the sport economy tune.

AZlml

Jun 5, 2016
Goodyear, AZ
I'm very happy with my MotorOps delete tuning on my LML. Have been running for almost 40k miles. Gets 21-22 mpg on the highway with the sport economy tune.

That's some damn good mileage I've never seen over 18 on the highway. What are your cruising speeds?

lucygoosey

Jul 13, 2016
Farmington, NM
Blake crenshaw from unleashed Duramax tuning is the only person I would have tune a Duramax. I’ve tried out the big name tuners and his tunes run way better, way cleaner, way cooler.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Blake crenshaw from unleashed Duramax tuning is the only person I would have tune a Duramax. I’ve tried out the big name tuners and his tunes run way better, way cleaner, way cooler.

This thread is specifically for LML tuning, and I'm am guessing Blake does not do his own tuning for them.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Ridgerunner, ATP, Kennedy, Starlite are just a few.....

Not sure if Mark @ Danville does LML tuning or not.

I will not recommend any tuner who receives "free" advertising here from other members (this isnt Facebook!), makes money off the site b/c of this, then does nothing monetarily to contribute back to the site.

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
Ridgerunner, ATP, Kennedy, Starlite are just a few.....

Not sure if Mark @ Danville does LML tuning or not.

I will not recommend any tuner who receives "free" advertising here from other members (this isnt Facebook!), makes money off the site b/c of this, then does nothing monetarily to contribute back to the site.

I heard a rumor Mark is doing LML's now....