PPEI Next On The Chopping Block???

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Buddy sent me this today just after he sent some logs in.

6b8f28979458aab01f280fe6300a1a2a.jpg

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Na he’s been in a lawsuit against the epa for quite some time. I don’t think he came through based on that

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
IMHO, I think it has more do with social media. The more you post, like, and link to others Including those that are "breaking the law" and tag you, The bigger the target is on your back.

While looking into this issue, I came across this link at alligator performance.

https://www.alligatorperformance.com/prohibited

Now I have never bought from or done business with them but I think this is the trend you will start to see over the next year to avoid fines.

Attachments

• aligator prohibitied.jpg
    aligator prohibitied.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 205

wilsondiesel

Nov 11, 2015
Sedalia, MO
IMHO, I think it has more do with social media. The more you post, like, and link to others Including those that are "breaking the law" and tag you, The bigger the target is on your back.

While looking into this issue, I came across this link at alligator performance.

https://www.alligatorperformance.com/prohibited

Now I have never bought from or done business with them but I think this is the trend you will start to see over the next year to avoid fines.

I agree, I do a ton of business with XDP and they recently have discontinued selling all off-road or race products for good.

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
I do a lot of business with alligator. There are other alternatives but I think I'm done buying exhausts and other related hard parts. If this many suppliers are stopping that makes me nervous.

I've flipped my 15 ford back and forth. I like the sound and fuel mileage of the low restriction way. Power is noticeably more too. But the complient 180hp over tune is sporty for sure. Now that I have my lb7 that's "allowed" to be loud and smoke I'll probably put the Ford back the way it was made. With as big of a tune as I can of course. It will pretty much only get used to pull the camper and go on family trips. The lb7 will be the daily

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I wonder if the EPA's stance has gone so far to include removing cat converters on LLYs and LBZs?? If so, the only trucks we're going to be able to completely modify and still run on the street are Fed LB7s.

onebaddmaxxx

Feb 22, 2009
Cecil County Md
its A federal offense to remove emissions and has been for some time. Just because your local law doesn’t have emissions for diesels and doesn’t check it doesn’t mean it hasn’t been illegal. Now they are just enforcing it. We’ve been driving with straight piped diesels since before time and it was illegal then. It’s illegal now. We just have more attention.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
Just like when h&s and edge got busted years ago. Epa uses them as a example. I'm surprised PPEI lasted this long.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I wonder if the EPA's stance has gone so far to include removing cat converters on LLYs and LBZs?? If so, the only trucks we're going to be able to completely modify and still run on the street are Fed LB7s.

Reason number 1,000,000 why I love my 2002 federal LB7.

Nope, can’t even mod those unless everything has a EPA/CARB approved stamp. This includes tuning too. All the shops out here that got hit can’t/won’t even tune lb7/lly/lbz even if they are 100% stock because next to no one has tunes approved by epa/carb. It’s extremely costly from what I’m told and any little change done in the tune must then be resubmitted to be approved again. Banks is one of the few with tunes but that’s just canned tuning.

It’s seriously absurd shit and pretty much driving us back to boxed tunes, assuming that even happens

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Something I think a few guys are missing here, tuning IS tampering with an emissions control device. That means even tuning one is illegal.

The saddest part, it’s not about the environment, it’s just another money grab.

WolfLMM

Making Chips
Nov 21, 2006
AL
Nope, can’t even mod those unless everything has a EPA/CARB approved stamp. This includes tuning too. All the shops out here that got hit can’t/won’t even tune lb7/lly/lbz even if they are 100% stock because next to no one has tunes approved by epa/carb. It’s extremely costly from what I’m told and any little change done in the tune must then be resubmitted to be approved again. Banks is one of the few with tunes but that’s just canned tuning.

It’s seriously absurd shit and pretty much driving us back to boxed tunes, assuming that even happens

Ah, beat me to it:happy2:

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
They are doing inspections on the street in my neighborhood. Funny watching some of the cars and trucks making u-turns and running away. I was waved through in the Hellcat.:thumb:

02greysixer

Jun 4, 2011
North Central FL
Maybe just website issues but I noticed today I can't get on ridgerunner website any longer. Could just be a technical issue on my end or their not sure.
Yeah the server crashed or something. I got an email about it early yesterday. Not related to this, according to the email I got anyway

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk