LBZ: Power loss

WICKED Z

Nov 3, 2014
Intermitant power loss????

I have had this happen 3 or 4 times in 600 miles towing . You are driving along and as i go to accellerate just a little the truck won't go over 45 mph (like there is no turbo) . Then you nurse it along and it's fine , plenty of power, no problems, . Truck had 114,000 on it when i bought it . I put 10,000 more miles on it and it started this . it is 2007 lbz . It is a stock dura max , only change is 5 '' exhaust. The codes it sets were p0234 (over boost ?) and p003a . We already put a vane position sensor (?) and vane postion solinoid(?) on it.THAT DID NOT FIX IT . Any help would realy be appreciated ! Thanks !

Last edited:

WICKED Z

Nov 3, 2014
power loss????

I have had this happen 3 or 4 times in 600 miles towing . You are driving along and as i go to accellerate just a little the truck won't go over 45 mph (like there is no turbo) . Then you nurse it along and it's fine , plenty of power, no problems, . Truck had 114,000 on it when i bought it . I put 10,000 more miles on it and it started this . it is 2007 lbz . It is a stock dura max , only change is 5 '' exhaust. The codes it sets were p0234 (over boost ?) and p003a . We already put a vane position sensor (?) and vane postion solinoid(?) on it.THAT DID NOT FIX IT . Any help would realy be appreciated ! Thanks !

WICKED Z

Nov 3, 2014
Power loss with a load

2007 lbz dually

codes p0234, poo3a, when pulling a hill with a load )(9000lbs) every once in a while it completley slows down , wont go over 45 floored. I have put new vain control sensor, vain control solinoid, reflashed the computer and added a turbo over "boost fooler" ,. Still the same problem. Only mod to truck is a 4 inch exhaust ( no cat)
any ideas ? Fuel lines colapsing?

WICKED Z

Nov 3, 2014
2007 dually lbz

codes p0234, poo3a, when pulling a hill with a load )(9000lbs) every once in a while it completley slows down , wont go over 45 floored. I have put new vain control sensor, vain control solinoid, reflashed the computer and added a turbo over "boost fooler" ,. Still the same problem. Only mod to truck is a 4 inch exhaust ( no cat)

WICKED Z

Nov 3, 2014
Power loss

2007 dually

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
Unison ring is most likely stuck. There are a few diesel shops that can bead blast it. All that work you might as well go with an aftermarket turbo.

Big Chris

2 Duramaxes> 1 Duramax
Mar 30, 2010
Rives Junction MI
^^^^^ this.

My lmm throws the same code when the veins or unison ring sticks. I didn't look up your other code but I'd guess an underboost code resulting in a "reduced engine power" limp.

Verlon at ATP

Mar 19, 2015
Like the others have said, most likely a stuck unison ring. Depending on your skill level you can take the turbo off, pull it apart and clean the turbo up to get the things working again. The other option is to get a replacement turbo and toss the one that is failing.

WICKED Z

Nov 3, 2014
Ok , for this newbee to diesels,( me) how hard is it to get the turbo off a 2007 sierra dually ( classic body style) someone said i'd need to lift the cab up to do it ?