Power level which these fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
When will people learn that there is not a trans-converter for all power levels and uses? Each build needs to be done for customers goals. When customer changes build plan in future then guess what? Trans needs to be updated. This hobby sucks. Lol

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
I'll be honest I normally wouldn't be so quick to get mad and cut someone off but its been a hard few weeks with my home life and i let that anger trickle to my business dealing with him. It doesn't change the fact that I'm an a$$hole today and he's wrong :D
How am I wrong? I was told to take my business elsewhere brother. So I did. How does that make me wrong? And I did have a nasty comment that I deleted when I seen your comments about your personal life. We all have bad days and I can be an asshole with the best of them, just ask my wife. Lol. But I feel like I was being attacked or punished for doing something you told to do and that don't fly well with me.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
How am I wrong? I was told to take my business elsewhere brother. So I did. How does that make me wrong? And I did have a nasty comment that I deleted when I seen your comments about your personal life. We all have bad days and I can be an asshole with the best of them, just ask my wife. Lol. But I feel like I was being attacked or punished for doing something you told to do and that don't fly well with me.

I told you I did not want to do business with you and I don't. You accused me of recommending you the wrong setup for your trans which I didn't as the GMAX kit was fine for the goals "800hp" you gave me. Now your talking about a billet hub and planet but if your pushing the power to require them your drop in kit wont be sufficient for very long.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I am kinda leaning on the common denominator lol! Evan has been 110% great to work with and is my guy for Allys!

Thank you Randy I always try my best to make everyone I deal with happy but I could of handled things differently and told him i couldnt help him and left it at that.

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
It's not accusations. That was your words. And my "accusations" were possible scenarios but yes that's how I seen it. By refusing my business because i followed your direction, well I take that personal so it's probably best to leave it at that.

bmc1025

Jan 25, 2013
Big Bone, KY
Mudslinger I think you missed Evans point. He was saying the gmax kit alone wouldn't hold the power. Building up from the kit with hydraulic modifications and other proprietary knowledge is what sets the build apart from just us mere mortals from the "builders".

I'm sure you are seeing red right now and just overlooking what he was trying to say.

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
Mudslinger I think you missed Evans point. He was saying the gmax kit alone wouldn't hold the power. Building up from the kit with hydraulic modifications and other proprietary knowledge is what sets the build apart from just us mere mortals from the "builders".

I'm sure you are seeing red right now and just overlooking what he was trying to say.

No I see what he is saying. If you look at my first post you will see other things that have been done. What yall don't see the other communications and how I was treated because I did what he said to do. Then chastised for it. I'm sure I was the focal point of his anger for whatever reason and that doesn't sit well with me as it would with none of yall either. I am in no way trying to mud anyone's name. Evan knows his sh1t and up until this morning he has been great and helpful, for whatever reason something changed between last night to this morning first thing. Whatever it is what it is.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
No I see what he is saying. If you look at my first post you will see other things that have been done. What yall don't see the other communications and how I was treated because I did what he said to do. Then chastised for it. I'm sure I was the focal point of his anger for whatever reason and that doesn't sit well with me as it would with none of yall either. I am in no way trying to mud anyone's name. Evan knows his sh1t and up until this morning he has been great and helpful, for whatever reason something changed between last night to this morning first thing. Whatever it is what it is.

Now who is butt hurt?
I've dealt with people like you and I send them down the road. You are trouble as a customer.

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
I wasn't trying to cut into you at all, just thinking out loud.

No i didnt take it that way. I appreciate the input to be honest. If it had been any other day it probably would have worked out differently. The man has a stellar reputation and he'll it took me completely off guard to the point that I had to read it several times to make sure I read it right. I'm over it.

Back to the original question, I see some are around 800 ish and twisting hubs. Is there a magic number we need to look out for?

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
Now who is butt hurt?
I've dealt with people like you and I send them down the road. You are trouble as a customer.

You have never dealt with me nor do you know the kind of customer I am. Until you seen who I was talking about you sang a different tune. And exactly how am I causing this trouble? Because I'm not gonna get talked to like a little bitch when I wasn't in the wrong to be gone with? Because I don't lay down and let someone run me over because they are "all might" on a forum? I call em like I see it.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
You have never dealt with me nor do you know the kind of customer I am. Until you seen who I was talking about you sang a different tune. And exactly how am I causing this trouble? Because I'm not gonna get talked to like a little bitch when I wasn't in the wrong to be gone with? Because I don't lay down and let someone run me over because they are "all might" on a forum? I call em like I see it.

In the beginning yes I was in the wrong I admitted that a few times already. Since then however you have down nothing but reassure me I dodged a bullet by not dealing with you. Drop the I call it like I see it tough guy act its not impressive.

On edit: I tried to play nice but you can't seem to shut your mouth.

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
No i didnt take it that way. I appreciate the input to be honest. If it had been any other day it probably would have worked out differently. The man has a stellar reputation and he'll it took me completely off guard to the point that I had to read it several times to make sure I read it right. I'm over it.

Back to the original question, I see some are around 800 ish and twisting hubs. Is there a magic number we need to look out for?

There is no magic number. Tuning is critical, battery voltage must be at least 12.6V. Surge in a high powered stereo will drop voltage to the trans and if it happens a the wrong time; you lose. Breaking traction during a shift with converter locked can break something. A slow action in the TCM because of ( whatever ) can break something.
Things like this is what a great builder takes into account and builds the trans accordingly. Knowing there are things we cannot control and some of the stupid things the truck owner will do; we have to modify and strengthen things as best we can. Even then, there is no guarantee something wont get hurt.
Now; Evan wants nothing to do with you so find another builder you trust and stop whining. :D

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
In the beginning yes I was in the wrong I admitted that a few times already. Since then however you have down nothing but reassure me I dodged a bullet by not dealing with you. Drop the I call it like I see it tough guy act its not impressive.

On edit: I tried to play nice but you can't seem to shut your mouth.

Tuff guy? Not hardly lol. Can't shut my mouth? Never could. Dodged a bullet? Yeah I think we both think we did. Tried to play nice? Yep talked highly about you even though this.

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
There is no magic number. Tuning is critical, battery voltage must be at least 12.6V. Surge in a high powered stereo will drop voltage to the trans and if it happens a the wrong time; you lose. Breaking traction during a shift with converter locked can break something. A slow action in the TCM because of ( whatever ) can break something.
Things like this is what a great builder takes into account and builds the trans accordingly. Knowing there are things we cannot control and some of the stupid things the truck owner will do; we have to modify and strengthen things as best we can. Even then, there is no guarantee something wont get hurt.
Now; Evan wants nothing to do with you so find another builder you trust and stop whining. :D

I did. Myself. Of course it was obvious in the first post. Thanks though.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Tuff guy? Not hardly lol. Can't shut my mouth? Never could. Dodged a bullet? Yeah I think we both think we did. Tried to play nice? Yep talked highly about you even though this.

Yes you did but you couldn't stop with your childish pot shots and comments. I don't like you and you don't like me let's leave it at that so I can go to bed. If you would like to continue then you have my number.

Status
Not open for further replies.