Power level which these fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
Playing in the trans got me thinking about future goals and will the trans handle it. I was curious as to what power level the c2 hub and intermediate shafts start to fail. I'll be 800 ish rwhp right now but would like to hit 1000 some time in the future. So far I have billet input and output shafts, gmax6r kit with Mike l trim springs, orange spring and shim in the stator and modded factory converter valve. Deep pan and 1058 converter. My question is would it be beneficial to go ahead and install at least a sleeved or billet c2 and billet intermediate shaft? I have read one place they aren't needed until 1000hp or more, but that was an article written on David from DTS so I take that with a grain of salt.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Sleeved hubs useless in my opinion if your going to spend the money get a billet hub. They are much stronger with better spline engagement. I've yet to find an application where a billet intermediate shaft was needed.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
im all stock internals but i rarely use the 800hp tune. it stays on the 600hp tune unless i bump it to the 800hp. my hub started twisting from bad tuning 5 years ago, since then on good tuning, it has not gotten any worse. (trans has been open 2 twice in that time).

i would do the billet C2 if your going to do it. all i have to add :D

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
Sleeved hubs useless in my opinion if your going to spend the money get a billet hub. They are much stronger with better spline engagement. I've yet to find an application where a billet intermediate shaft was needed.

^^^^^ What he said.

What they said, I tore the splines out of a sleeved one. Lasted abt 2k miles.

Sleeved hubs have their place and just because it's not a racing/high horsepower application part doesn't mean it's "useless". They are better than stock but not for race applications and priced accordingly. Not every truck getting their transmission built is 700+.

Chris- your truck is 900 plus HP, every part on your truck is top of the line and you decided to skimp on the hub??? Then again, with all the issues you've had maybe it's not the parts... I think there is a common denominator there some where....

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
My truck will be far from a race dedicated truck. It will be a street truck with the occasional run at the strip. This is the main reason I decided to dump money into the 4094 instead of just go s400 route. But I'd like to build the trans to take it if I ever decide to go more power. But from what I was told this morning by a builder the gmax6r will never hold the power to break those components anyway..............

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
My truck will be far from a race dedicated truck. It will be a street truck with the occasional run at the strip. This is the main reason I decided to dump money into the 4094 instead of just go s400 route. But I'd like to build the trans to take it if I ever decide to go more power. But from what I was told this morning by a builder the gmax6r will never hold the power to break those components anyway..............

Your builder is full of shit. If properly built they hold big power.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Your builder is full of shit. If properly built they hold big power.

That would be me :D but I'm not his builder. Not that I'm telling you anything but he already has a billet input and output I don't see his build holding the power to need a billet planet and c2 hub.

On edit: That is of course just my opinion on it.

Last edited:

gamudslinger88

Aug 26, 2011
I wasnt going to name anyone but since you chimmed in you said "nothing I did with the gmax kit will ever hold that power". Your words not mine. Basically saying the kit you was going to sell me would have never been good enough therfore knowingly selling me an inferior product for my goals. That or you're butt hurt over the fact I took YOUR advice and called suncoast directory as you directed. I'm not turning this into a mud slinging competition but I find it funny the kit that was once the kit I'd need is no long good enough.

uploadfromtaptalk1436312992487.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1436312992487.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1436312992487.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 79

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
I wasnt going to name anyone but since you chimmed in you said "nothing I did with the gmax kit will ever hold that power". Your words not mine. Basically saying the kit you was going to sell me would have never been good enough therfore knowingly selling me an inferior product for my goals. That or you're butt hurt over the fact I took YOUR advice and called suncoast directory as you directed. I'm not turning this into a mud slinging competition but I find it funny the kit that was once the kit I'd need is no long good enough.

View attachment 38836

I'm not but hurt at all. I gave you two options on the phone for two different power levels. You said your goal was 800 and GMAX kit is just fine for that as is no planet or hub. Hence my comment and recommendation ;) also nothing you did or know to do will make the kit hold more power so know what your talking about before you spout off with your mouth like you know something.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
Not from what I see Evan. Just vast miscommunication.

I'll be honest I normally wouldn't be so quick to get mad and cut someone off but its been a hard few weeks with my home life and i let that anger trickle to my business dealing with him. It doesn't change the fact that I'm an a$$hole today and he's wrong :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.