Pinching pennies on front end suspension/ steering replacement, Help?

Sirrobbythe5th

Dream truck in work
Sep 14, 2016
Which control arms do you recommend? I don't think ive seen any for 90 bucks,
plus im still going to change the lower ball joints and bushings.
I did notice the uppers are hollow and spot welded whereas the lowers are solid cast

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
All the weight and stress is on the bottoms and the uppers just hold it all in place.

You can get them from the dealer for 110 or auto zone and the like for 85-100 depending on where you go and they have a lifetime warranty except for the dealer arms.

I got mine from auto zone, and I gained a lot of camber with them somehow, so that's a good thing for a lifted or leveled truck and they are super easy to change.

Sirrobbythe5th

Dream truck in work
Sep 14, 2016
Roger that thank you, So my plan then is to get the beefed up tie rod ends, the idle and pitman arm support braces, new upper control arms, and replace the lower bushings and ball joints, not to mention new CVs

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Roger that thank you, So my plan then is to get the beefed up tie rod ends, the idle and pitman arm support braces, new upper control arms, and replace the lower bushings and ball joints, not to mention new CVs

the idler and pitman supports wont do much unless the idler and pitman have no play in them, just keep that in mind don't know what shape they are in.

Also what's wrong with your cv's?

Sirrobbythe5th

Dream truck in work
Sep 14, 2016
Good to know,
And the CVs are fairly cheap, and I'm all about preventative maintenance. So i figured id change em now while I'm in there, they have almost 140,000 miles on em, and i noticed the boots are starting to rot out. They have some cracks and what not in em

OregonDMAX

NOT IN OREGON, NO DURAMAX
Apr 28, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
Well if it's because of a torn or damaged boot then ok I understand but they dont wear out like the regular steering parts do just from mileage. Unless they have torn boots or are leaking grease leave them alone. You'll know when one is bad.

slammed4x4

Oct 29, 2015
Sonoma County, CA
If you guys don't mind I'm going to piggy back on this topic, just in a different direction.

I have an 06 LBZ CCSB that I am planning to lower with a 3/5 kit. I want to upgrade the steering, at the least I want to replace the steering components. Is there a conversion kit I can install to get better turn radius or just stick with upgrading to better parts?