Picked up another rifle

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
This is a Lee Armory built Bulgarian AK-74. Mint, matching parts kit on a new US made Childers receiver. Exceptional fit and finish, and just a beautiful rifle. I put 600 rounds through it on Saturday and it ran GREAT! Most accurate AK I've ever owned, and better finish than my Arsenal. I am VERY impressed! This is my first 5.45 and I must say, I like it as much if not more than 7.62. With the 74 brake it is really easy on follow up shots. Like most brakes it puts out some flames!

1f95b379770b25c66f60bfa0d31eea02.jpg

e32d1dae93554c226606b720083fb59a.jpg

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Love it. I have wanted one for a long time. The 5.45x39 is a NASTY round! I'll have to be content with my AK47 for now :)

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
Love it. I have wanted one for a long time. The 5.45x39 is a NASTY round! I'll have to be content with my AK47 for now :)

I actually sold off all my other AKs some time back. Lee Armory is building me an underfolder AKM since I have plenty of mags, ammo, and a drum sitting around. I mean...who wants lonely mags with no rifle. It was a wrong I had to right!

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
LOL. I picked up a bump stock for mine, just for shits and giggles. I took it with me to a machine gun shoot in VA, and dammit if that SOB didn't rock and roll! I dumped my drum so fast that people thought that it was FA! It's a bit different experience than true FA, but it was FUN and cheap!:thumb:

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Nice! I fired a 50BMG last summer. My pants still feel snug up front to this day!

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
Nice! Now about that fullfield...you gotta make it an XTR II! And nice rings!

Well, I don't plan on any competition shooting. Just blowing things up out in the desert with the occasional 600+ yard shot. This Fullfield had great reviews for a budget 50 scope. Can't go wrong for $224. The rings though, I bought nice rings. Nice rings make all the difference.

Nice! I fired a 50BMG last summer. My pants still feel snug up front to this day!

I only put 13 rounds through it. I've got an itch to fire off some more.

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
Well, I don't plan on any competition shooting. Just blowing things up out in the desert with the occasional 600+ yard shot. This Fullfield had great reviews for a budget 50 scope. Can't go wrong for $224. The rings though, I bought nice rings. Nice rings make all the difference.

I only put 13 rounds through it. I've got an itch to fire off some more.

Good man. Those Fullfield's are classic scopes. Tried and true!

whitetrash21

put on da damn helmet day
Apr 29, 2008
Vegas
This is a Lee Armory built Bulgarian AK-74. Mint, matching parts kit on a new US made Childers receiver. Exceptional fit and finish, and just a beautiful rifle. I put 600 rounds through it on Saturday and it ran GREAT! Most accurate AK I've ever owned, and better finish than my Arsenal. I am VERY impressed! This is my first 5.45 and I must say, I like it as much if not more than 7.62. With the 74 brake it is really easy on follow up shots. Like most brakes it puts out some flames!

I got a buddy who's a die-hard AK guy....He'd be digging your new rifle.

I just got a new rifle too....just picked up a Marlin 1895CB in .45-70. We were out in the desert last weekend playing around at 5-600 yards with the .30 cal stuff and I decided to see what the .45-70 would do at that range. Needless to say, you may as well be lobbing mortars at that distance. Those 430 and 550 grn rounds have some serious drop at that range:D

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Unfortunately I live in a stupid state that banned most of the modern sporting rifles like ARs & AKs
All thanks to our AG that put forth a ban back in july under her interpretation of the 1998 law
With Trump being in office now & the future pick of a new supreme Court Justice there will mostly be a lawsuit against the state that will hopefully get these bogus laws thrown out

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
I was out fishing when the announcement was made & the 3 day gun buying bonanza happened

I was surprised to see you can still buy AR lowers but legally you can't completely assemble them to fire
This state sucks...

bfmine

Sep 11, 2011
Cape cod,ma
I was out fishing when the announcement was made & the 3 day gun buying bonanza happened

I was surprised to see you can still buy AR lowers but legally you can't completely assemble them to fire
This state sucks...

That sucks. Hopefully her stupid ban gets overturned. I know GOAL Is after Healey hard about it

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I got a buddy who's a die-hard AK guy....He'd be digging your new rifle.

I just got a new rifle too....just picked up a Marlin 1895CB in .45-70. We were out in the desert last weekend playing around at 5-600 yards with the .30 cal stuff and I decided to see what the .45-70 would do at that range. Needless to say, you may as well be lobbing mortars at that distance. Those 430 and 550 grn rounds have some serious drop at that range:D

You can't cheat physics, but I can tell you that I am a reloader and you can load that 45-70 with some awesome choices these days! But my fav load is still 405gr hardcast lead :) I load that for Marlin lever and less powder for the 1873 Springfield Trap Door. Just love it.

I'm playing with different loads for my 500 Magnum. I have the revolver and Thompson Center Encore Katahdin. Anything from 300gr to 500gr jacketed flat point with a load of 296 is impressive! I'm tempted to get some 700gr hardcast just for shits and giggles.