P0762

DrtyMax07

Dec 12, 2008
Just got done doing my trans build and took it for a drive, drove nice and shifted smooth for about 5 miles then cel and stuck in 4th, P0762. I pulled the valve body and the valve was stuck, I touched the valve and it popped free. I pulled the valve out and didnt find any debris and everything looked fine so I put all back together and put in reverse to back off lift and the same thing instantly. Any ideas on what I should do to correct this?

DrtyMax07

Dec 12, 2008
#37000-02 (1 SPRING), #37000-02BST (1 TOOL). A sticking E-shift valve in an Allison series unit can be caused by a weak spring, an out-of- round valve bore, or excessive flashing on the valve body casting. The Sonnax E-shift valve spring has a higher spring rate than the OEM while the bore sizing tool allows you to improve bore roundness and remove excessive flashing

Anybody know if this is a good solution?

gtmax

Apr 9, 2008
I have a pair of reamers, and the Sonnax tool which I haven't used in many years. I use the valve itself along with a lubricant called Tap Majic this always seems to work well. I build quite a few valve bodies and haven't had problems with sticking valves.

DrtyMax07

Dec 12, 2008
Well the tool and spring did not not fix my problem. The tool was hard to slide into the bore at first but after some time we got it sliding in and out smooth and when we put the valve back in it slides in and out freely but the valve is still getting stuck on test drive. Any other ideads Mike?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Are you installing the valve body with the bolts torqued to spec?

blackdirtymax

Apr 15, 2010
augusta, ga
Mike is right on with this , valves should never be sanded or polished. I have had a many e shift valves give me a fit , one quick stroke with the bore tool and all was well.