Oval Chamber Pistons

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA
There are very few Forged Ovals out there. Besides none breaking, there isn't anything earth shaking to tell....yet.

Still waiting for someone to break a cast Oval piston. That will at least set the HP mark for when to switch to the Forged.

PACougar

Jun 27, 2012
El Dorado Hills, Ca
There are very few Forged Ovals out there. Besides none breaking, there isn't anything earth shaking to tell....yet.

Still waiting for someone to break a cast Oval piston. That will at least set the HP mark for when to switch to the Forged.

Send one, I'll have a horse stand on it until it breaks:D

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Here is the dyno sheet for you guys to see. The highest we have dynoed the forged was 1,2xxhp in 2.6 truck. We haven't had an open opportunity to push them in the forged state, been more so trying to see how far the cast version will go before they fail. My personal goal with them is 2,000hp on the cast pistons. We will see if we can get there at some point hopefully soon.:thumb:

Holy shit man. that is impressive!!

and it didn't blow the compressor wheel and cover the spectators in shrapnel????

smkndmax05

"Smoked Out"
Feb 17, 2011
Indiana
Here is the dyno sheet for you guys to see. The highest we have dynoed the forged was 1,2xxhp in 2.6 truck. We haven't had an open opportunity to push them in the forged state, been more so trying to see how far the cast version will go before they fail. My personal goal with them is 2,000hp on the cast pistons. We will see if we can get there at some point hopefully soon.:thumb:

Regardless that's awesome on a cast piston....tuning has come along way since the beginning...How's that motor holding up on Alex's abuse on the street?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

matt78

Finally boosted launches
Sep 10, 2012
texas
If I could do it again I would have bought a single cab pos , set up the trans and suspension and sprayed the piss out of it.

Fahlin Racing

Aug 22, 2012
NE Ohio
Not to drive in a different direction, I am curious what would your suggestion (Fingers) be or anyone elses in a 6 turbocharger equipped engine use compression wise? 15? 14.75?

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
Not to drive in a different direction, I am curious what would your suggestion (Fingers) be or anyone elses in a 6 turbocharger equipped engine use compression wise? 15? 14.75?

:Charger: :Charger: :Charger: :Charger: :Charger: :Charger:
Holy cow!
Lol

I think I've read somewhere guys going all the way down to 12.5 on serious competition pullers?

Fingers

Village Idiot
Vendor/Sponsor
Apr 1, 2008
White Oak, PA

Six?! Really?! Obviously compounded but the mind swims just to think how you are going to plumb all the pipes. Spaghetti bowl under the hood. :rofl:

Anyway, CR is more a question of the ultimate boost the engine will see.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky

You get me a set at a sponsor price I will trade you my current pistons. Mahle race cast. And I will strive to break one next year. Might jump up to 2.6 in the Mecca! Right now I'm xxxx numbers

Fahlin Racing

Aug 22, 2012
NE Ohio
Six?! Really?! Obviously compounded but the mind swims just to think how you are going to plumb all the pipes. Spaghetti bowl under the hood. :rofl:

Anyway, CR is more a question of the ultimate boost the engine will see.

Ok, I will have to calculate some things when I can. The spaghetti bowl is right Fingers lol. I know it will be spendy, but, I want to do it & just hope its another path for success in speed. I wonder how much boost those 12.5 comp engines are seeing Jason I still have head work and intake manifold layouts to throw down on paper too.

Thanks guys :hello:

bcdeutsch731

Nov 4, 2010
Illinois
Ok, I will have to calculate some things when I can. The spaghetti bowl is right Fingers lol. I know it will be spendy, but, I want to do it & just hope its another path for success in speed. I wonder how much boost those 12.5 comp engines are seeing Jason I still have head work and intake manifold layouts to throw down on paper too.

Thanks guys :hello:

I run 130psi on Jon's cast 15.5:1 pistons. I just had the motor apart and the pistons look like new.