Ontario Call Out

Mr_diesel_doc

Nov 11, 2012
I'm not sure if it's the same brace you are talking about but I have seen some bent braces from guys that have done a boosted 4x4 launch.

farmtrucklb7

Duragon
Apr 29, 2012
Meaford Ont Canada
All depends on how your truck is set up, If you have your keys turned up you'll need all the bracing you can get. I've scene one with keys and blocks just spool up in the middle of the road to roll some coal and had to get towed. Mine's slammed and i'm sure I could really use the bracing now but i've never had an issue, sleeves are a no brainer weakest component for sure, tie rods are the only thing interchangeable with a honda civic i'm pretty sure :roflmao: I cut a 12.80 @ 105 with no braces and sled pulled all season and everything's still nice and tight and no bending.

Mr_diesel_doc

Nov 11, 2012
Well I guess I'll start with sleeves and see how things go. The truck has the bars turned up now, that is how I bought it. I would like to do a 4" lift with the bars turned down but in the mean time I'll be just turn them right down when I pull or race. I was thinking about going with MA sleeves and the TC brace. I'm also thinking I should get the PPE BIV.

Mr_diesel_doc

Nov 11, 2012
Oh no doubt! I went with banks cause at the time I didn't have coin for a trans and I new the injectors were not so hot. With the IQ you get gauges and I knew it would not hurt the trans. I just did all 8 injectors along with 8 glow plugs so the truck is running much better. Now I can work on getting the trans kit. I do all the work on the truck myself and will be rebuilding the trans myself aswell.

Mr_diesel_doc

Nov 11, 2012
I have mixed feelings about the banks. In the beginning I had issues with the two large plugs and the pin not lining up and bending and I was gentle when plugging them in and I always remove the display when it's really cold or hot. I often have to mess with it cause it doesn't want to display Or sometimes it wont shut down when you turn the truck off? But I'd say it works well 90% of the time.

Mr_diesel_doc

Nov 11, 2012
Yea I lucked out and got a second truck for such I good deal I could not turn it down so I have two of everything now. I don't really wanna rebuild the trans till its done. I'm sure there are guys that could use a good used trans if there's quit and they could not afford to build one. I'd rather see a good trans get used and rebuild a pooched one.

Mr_diesel_doc

Nov 11, 2012
How you liking that Bills intake and turbo horn? I been looking at one. The K&N was on the truck when I bought it, it would not have been my choice of intake.

Mr_diesel_doc

Nov 11, 2012
What Kinda issues? I think I heard something about powder coat flaking off from inside but it says on his site that he doesn't powdercoat the inside of his intakes? I was wanting to install a batmowheel at the same time when I swapped intakes.

MadMaxx61

Devilmaxx
Oct 13, 2008
Windsor, Ont, Canada
Well I guess I'll start with sleeves and see how things go. The truck has the bars turned up now, that is how I bought it. I would like to do a 4" lift with the bars turned down but in the mean time I'll be just turn them right down when I pull or race. I was thinking about going with MA sleeves and the TC brace. I'm also thinking I should get the PPE BIV.

I love my sleeves and SCL I went with Super Diesel for both. I DD with the truck not one problem. I also have a MA TC brace too. Can't go wrong with them.

fishv12

Jan 30, 2011
Simon
Ottawa, Ontario
02 Silverado CC/SB Victory Red
Mods: Avic Z110BT double din, 12" sub under rear seat, Bilstein shocks, 17" Falken ORC909 black rims

Truck is a DD and do not plan to pull in any event lol

Currently down because of a blown head gasket or two

To come are new gaskets, ARP head studs and EFI Live V2 with DSP5 and tunes from ATP