Oil Leak Need help

aggar

Still Learnin!
Mar 9, 2008
Kirklin, IN
Ok i've got an oil leak on the driver side. Right above the oil filter towards the topside of the motor. Not sure exactly where it's coming from. leaks down and covers the bottom front part of the bellhousing. Would an Intake gasket leak and let a little out that way? this is on the LBZ by the way. Doesn't look like a the turbo drain tube. nothing around that is wet.

Also Since i've had the egr blocked and the pcv rerouted, I've got oil coming out where the blocker plate is and the bolts are tight.

Thanks.

Ryan

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
Also Since i've had the egr blocked , I've got oil coming out where the blocker plate is and the bolts are tight.

Thanks.

Ryan

My truck does the same thing. I have tiny drops all over the driveway.

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal
Ok i've got an oil leak on the driver side. Right above the oil filter towards the topside of the motor. Not sure exactly where it's coming from. leaks down and covers the bottom front part of the bellhousing. Would an Intake gasket leak and let a little out that way? this is on the LBZ by the way. Doesn't look like a the turbo drain tube. nothing around that is wet.

Also Since i've had the egr blocked and the pcv rerouted, I've got oil coming out where the blocker plate is and the bolts are tight. Thanks.

Ryan

What side is your gasket on?

My truck does the same thing. I have tiny drops all over the driveway.

Valve Covers?

ripmf666

Sep 20, 2006
Wentzville Mo
I have a small leak from the driver side rocker box steel shim I have to fix comes down the side of the motor and hangs around the bottom of the bell.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
bump again its leaking more now..... i have til wednesday to figure this out or its going to the dealer.....

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
so far as far as i can see its coming down the side right over or at that galley plug. tomorrow night or wednesday i'm gonna pull the up pipes and see if its the turbo oil drain and go from there. i just hope its not the upper pan..... i really don't like the idea of leaving my truck at the dealer overnite........

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
update for everybody, looks like it was my oil return drain.... re torqued the 2 12mm nuts and so far no leaks will know for sure next week. dad is borrowing my truck while i'm on vacation to put some miles and hours on it to see if the drip is fixed :)

will keep everybody updated.