Oh shit, the Epileptic GMC just got dangerous

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
And stock transmissons :rofl:

It'll be a whole lot easier for me to break 7's in the 1/8th then 12's in the 1/4. My 5th gear won't hold up to my max effort fuel only tune, much less 100 hp worth of spray on top of that. But my 1st-4th all shift nice, tight and fast. 7/10ths is a lot to shave, but Race Legal leaves a lot on the table for traction and track prep. I need tires pretty bad, and mine aren't exactly drag race friendly. With some changes I really think ( and pray) that I can break the 7.99 barrier in the 1/8th.

If you ran a 7.99 in the 1/8, you would be pretty deep into the 12s in the 1/4 (if it back halfs decent it would work out to about a 12.5 or better). Even if you didn't shift to 5th and ran it out the back end in 4th gear it would probably be at least a 12.8 ET. You could tag 100 MPH if you are comfortable wrapping it up to 4k RPM.

Epileptic GMC

Jan 17, 2010
If you ran a 7.99 in the 1/8, you would be pretty deep into the 12s in the 1/4 (if it back halfs decent it would work out to about a 12.5 or better). Even if you didn't shift to 5th and ran it out the back end in 4th gear it would probably be at least a 12.8 ET. You could tag 100 MPH if you are comfortable wrapping it up to 4k RPM.

I've pulled 4800 rpm out of it doing 2nd gear rolling burnouts with the old tuning. I'm pretty comfortable rapping it out hard. I may try 1/4 locked in 4th and see what happens. Will definitely want bigger jets for 1/4 though

PAT

EASY DAY
Aug 21, 2011
your back yard
shit. it may have been mentally handicapped GMC back then... but its def. not now! well sometimes it is. but only when i hear zzzip ziiip pop crack and see some sparks. then i just go pull out some more of jordans wiring and toss it in the trash. but i think i have it all now. it hasnt done anything out of the ordinary in about 6 months. lol.

so much for that 7 sec. goal of his :rofl:i think i will have my goal once i get my hands on a CP3 and not this craptastic worn out one.