OBX Pro Diesel Challenge III

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
ok i finally have some info on the truck challenge,ie... a speacial award for those who wish to race,dyno and sled pull at the event allready.all participants will need to do is tell me in advance or at the start of the race day that thet want to be included in this challenge. first the challenge will be called the getsoot.com challenge.Steven Swain will be sponsoring this class.here is how it will work.points will be awarded for lowest et,highest hp and longest sled pull.this will work by say if 5 trucks enter lowest et will get 5 points next lowest 4 points and so on.we will also use mph or tq as a tie breaker if needed.as for rules we wont maximum participation,so we will allow proper truck set for each class.ie if you want to strip your truck to race,you can.if you want to weight your truck up to pull,you can.nitrous and lp and meth will be allowed in the race and dyno.we have a green light for drug use in the pull for this class but i will leave that up to popular vote.ie we will decide day of event on drugs in pull or not. you will need a time slip from race day,Dunbar will register your hp and tq and for the pull you will pull in a class just for this competition. a very nice trohy and a few hundred bucks is up for grabs.i think i have covered it all but if i havent or there are questions let me know....

eds04max

May 7, 2008
Landis, N.C.
Jess, is the pull still going to be a seperate class from the other pulls???(so that those trucks would be pulling in two classes.)

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
Ed it honestly will depend on the trucks that enter.if we have trucks all pulling in the same class for the regular pull we wont realy need the extra pull,but if trucks are competing from both pull classes i feel the only fair way to run it is put em all in a unique class and let them pull together.if it is a unique class hook fee will only be in the 10-15 dollar range...

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
i am glad to announce that Pat and Kat along with duramaxdiesels.com have stepped up to help us out with the event,by sponsoring awards for best reaction time and also one for closest to dial in or class index.thanks to the Mcswains

Accelerator

On a Time Out
Mar 12, 2009
What is the date and location of this event, classes and payout would be nice as well. Thanks

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Is it still scheduled for the 3rd weekend in June, Mr Spruill?

Last edited:

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
yes sir ,the 19th and 20th.love to have you out!!!

Thanks, but I already saw one NC massacre of a Michigan team on Monday night. I dont want to see another one in person. :rofl:
My truck would be cannon fodder for most everyone who runs in that event.

Last edited:

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
i would like to add Competition Diesel,Suncoast and Atlantic Ag Aviation as sponsors for this years event.thnaks for the help...

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
Thanks, but I already saw one NC massacre of a Michigan team on Monday night. I dont want to see another one in person. :rofl:
My truck would be cannon fodder for most everyone who runs in that event.

plus we will have a bracket class and 7.7 index class that yu could fit in well.your truck would also do well in the get soot challenge.com on down beer is on me...