OBX Outlaws May 22

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
Pat and Kat Mcswain will be sponsoring a class aimed at the cr trucks. tuner only. engine stock, tranny and exhaust mods ok.by stock ,no modded cp3s,no bigger injects,no cams,ext... you get the point. the trucks will be teched by the competetors themselves.obviously some items can not be seen by visual inspection,so its on your honor to some degree. rules are simple,make the fastest fuel only pass and present the time slip and win a very nic trophy and 100 bucks cash. a normal 30 inch trophy is like 30 bucks and the Mcswains wanted to spend 100 on the trophy as well so expect a 6 footer. lets see some 6.4s out here competting with the dmaxes and dodges. who is gonna take it?

jdlover1

437 Cubic Inches
Oct 4, 2006
chapanoke,nc
How many of ya'll planning on making it two truck pulls in one day? Morgan's corner is having theirs and its only about a hr. down the road

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
thanks for putting that up wade. i told the mc guys i would make sure all the pullers at obx know about thier event that way guys get the chance to pull at multiple events...

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
i would like to thank Joe at PPE, they will be sponsoring a PPE deep tranny pan and filter for a lucky dmax sled puller. a big thanks goes out to JOE.please show your support to these guys for helping us. thanks again...

Subman

Old Geezer
Jun 27, 2008
Madras, OR, Pahrump NV
I'm not so sure right now, I know what they have done to Buck's truck and we have some work to do. I'm guessing if the track will hold it, Buck will run in the 5's this weekend. When we get the rebuild back in Max'd Out we'll be working on tuning it up a bit more for sure. Right now Buck has the edge, I really want him to make some good passes and show those dinosaurs what a dmax can do and help point those old smoke belching 12 valves to the museum where they belong.

camomax

pushing the limits
Nov 5, 2008
Florida
Thanks alot Jess and Buck for another terrific event, and HUGE thanks to your mom for letting me borrow the car for the parts run......saved my butt!!!
Thanks Ed and Jon, its always great to see you guys. As far as the "new best" goes........its sad when your 6.59 looks like a turd! Thanks Buck!!:D

[YOUTUBE]YegfRSSaijY[/YOUTUBE]

J Spruill

bringer of truth
Mar 30, 2008
i would like to thank all the racers,spectators,sponsors,crews from the track and sled pull who all helped to make this year event a big success.we had great weather and pulled in a good crowd even though this year was basically a truck race.there were a few gas cars tnt but mostly diesel. this presented us a problem,to fill time we let the bracket trucks run all they wanted to.this caused some damage to the prepped track surface and we never got it back to were it was. it was ok but not great. all the racers adjusted well and made the best out of the situation. a big congrats goes out to all the winners in both the races and the sled pulls.
Darren brought the crowds to the fence every time he pulled up. Keatings rail showed lots of potential,and how could we forget about the debut of THE Jeff Garmon in his "dog dick pink" s10. Jeff made some clean runs and he could be big trouble for the small truck guys.

the track was tough on trannys. Meachum, Brian J,Dockboy and Tim Barber all lost transmissions.Sorry for the carnage but def glad you guys came out.

we had a nice field of index and Diesel Addiction et bracket racers.i am bad with names and will get top 4 in index,brackets and pro street up soon.

the sled pull had a small field but the participants put on a super show. i will try to get Daniel to post the winners in each class with the distances they pulled. a big thanks goes out to Ken Whitely at Big Daddy Motorsport and Daniell Hill at Straight Diesel Truck Pulls.

thanks again. we hope to have all of you back next year...

also hope to have some video p on youtube soon...