No boost!

REDHOSS02

hard n heavy
Jan 14, 2009
F U im from TEXAS
What would cause a turbo to just quit boosting? There is no housing damage and minimal shaft play. Turbine on both sides are not damaged. The turbo was leaking oil bad. Went from 21ps1 to 10psi to -0-psi. Could i rebuild this my self?

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
Went from 21ps1 to 10psi to -0-psi. Could i rebuild this my self?

How fast did it do this?
Have you pressure tested from your outlet of the turbo to the inlet of the y-bridge to confirm the CAC and piping is not leaking?

Last edited:

REDHOSS02

hard n heavy
Jan 14, 2009
F U im from TEXAS
i have already pulled the turbo and replaced and everything was tight when i was taking it off. and everything is fine now! it took 2 days to get to 0 psi. no borken shaft both sides spin freeley at the same time. a few weeks before it went out it did sound like a un usual humming/whistle at idle that was not there before! boost problem is fixed now. just working on head gaskets! AND TRYING TO FIND OUT IF THERE IS A REBUILD KIT FOR THIS TURBO AND WHY IT QUIT BOOSTING!

Last edited:

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
i have already pulled the turbo and replaced and everything was tight when i was taking it off. and everything is fine now! it took 2 days to get to 0 psi. no borken shaft both sides spin freeley at the same time. a few weeks before it went out it did sound like a un usual humming/whistle at idle that was not there before! boost problem is fixed now. just working on head gaskets! AND TRYING TO FIND OUT IF THERE IS A REBUILD KIT FOR THIS TURBO AND WHY IT QUIT BOOSTING!

wait, both sides spin freely....can you stop one wheel while the other wheel spins

REDHOSS02

hard n heavy
Jan 14, 2009
F U im from TEXAS
wait, both sides spin freely....can you stop one wheel while the other wheel spins

before i pulled the turbo i removed the boost tube on the charge side and when power braked the turbo was not putting out any pressure, tires wouldnt even break loose. on a 1/4 mile stretch floored it wouldnt go over 10psi the first pass then the next day it wasnt boosting at all! i checked the pulse widths on my injectors and everything was normal. i pulled the turbo and installed the new one now i have boost. im stumped! but keep in mind when i was trying to find my coolant leak i found coolant in the boost tube going into the intake. and alot of oil coming out of the turbo enough that when i wipped my finger through there it covered my finger and would steadily drip off my finger!