Nitrous for stock LBZ

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I wonder what max power has been made on stock lbz with spray?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The CompD calculator, which I've always found to be fairly accurate, shows 700 hp for the weight and trap on the 10.8 pass I made in the Dumpster.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
The CompD calculator, which I've always found to be fairly accurate, shows 700 hp for the weight and trap on the 10.8 pass I made in the Dumpster.

That's a pretty good # for a stock engine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
We made 689 on a totally stock LBZ with a .125 noid and a .099 jet. It had a built trans and a lift pump. With no gas it made 507. I think it couldve gone over 700 if a lockup box wouldve been available back then.

That's what I'm talkin bout!! I've got a lock box so I should b close when I get the spray on!!:woott:

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012

Man I'm glad u chimed in!! Ur just the feller I need to talk to and the whole reason I started this thread!! Haha I'm almost identical weight as u and I think I'm close to 550 with out the spray so mayb a 150 shot will get me there u think?? I need ur 10 sec Tune!! Lol don't think I've got enough fuel on the tune I running now.. At least by Judging from the smoke goin down the track.

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
Even tho your exhaust is fairly clean running down the track, don't let it fool you, most likely there's still a fair amount of fuel that needs burning.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
I think I may have found a kit but not sure what size the noid is but the jet is a .99 n it comes with a 15lb bottle but no gage or heater for 75 bucks! Has wot switch so mayb we can see what happens if the weather ever clears up round here n stops raining!!

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Who makes a good heater? I don't Wana end up gettin a cheapo and it don't keep it at at constant desired psi!!

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
I hate the 12v heaters, they either take forever to heat the bottle or the heat only stays a short amount of time before bottle looses pressure. Heatin it in warm water seems to keep it holding all day even after spraying.

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
You're definitely going to need a pressure gauge hooked up to the bottle so you can monitor where the pressure is at when you put it in the hot water or use a 12v heater. Too much pressure and you'll either blow the safety valve or over pressurize the solenoid(s) so they won't open.

GSXRTURBO1

Feb 10, 2015
Detroit MI
Consistency is key, always run the same bottle pressure (once you figure out where you want it), hobbs switch set at a certain pressure, or WOT switch to activate, etc. etc.

meshanic

All In Trucks
Dec 9, 2010
West Texas
I run a bottle heater with a pressure switch that shuts the heater off at roughly 1050 psi & turns it back on at 1000. I got mine from Nitrous Express. It works really well & it's very consistent. I bracket race so I couldn't have it any other way.

Last edited:

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I run a bottle heater with a pressure switch that shuts the heater off at roughly 1050 psi & turns it back on at 1000. It works very well. I got mine from Nitrous Express. It works really well & it's very consistent. I bracket race so I couldn't have it any other way.
I use the same thing, but I think I have mine set to 1100 psi. I've never had a problem with my blanket keeping the pressure up.

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
I also have that same heater. Using hot water works, but I dont know who wants to take the time to do that while in the pits... I just flip a switch and walk away :D

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
It would be after the tranny gets done. But i wouldn't mind shooting some n20 in mine. Quick question is when I power shift I don't let off the throttle, can I make it cut the n20 off during shifts with the clutch pedal position some how? That way it doesn't rev to quick for me to make the shift? Sorry for the derail