Nitrous for stock LBZ

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Well gona build the motor soon as soon this one gives in to my need for speed. Lol just wanted someone with a lot if experience with nos to give me some good info on what route to go. I'm lookin to get my truck in the 10's with stock injectors,pump n turbo!!! Since I have a short bed reg cab and race weight is around 5500 with me in it I should b able to get there with 650-700 hp according to a chart I found that pat provided. ( thanks pat)!! Josh H has took his van into the 10's with basically the same weight and hopefully he could chime in on this and get me valuable info since he run hundreds of 1/4 mile passes on the stock lly with a 2 stage system ! Just really wana know what kit to run and what size noids n jets I need plus how the tune needs to b adj for the nitrous. Seems like a 2 stage with progressive controller with a wot switch and like a Hobbs switch to control when the nos comes on at a desired psi level. I would appreciate any info from u guys and thanks ahead of time! I'm on a mission and I think the truck can do it just not so sure about my wallet at the end!! Haha:D

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
I throw a $hit load of nitrous at my lb7. As long as the fuels their you can makes as much power as you want. Bigger nozzles and less timing:thumb: My only concern would be them weak lbz pistons. Remember even tho egts are lower your cylinder pressure is WAY higher. As for a jet size I run -3an SB line with no jet:D

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
Can't u get any more weight outta that girl? Brian had his truck at 5450 or something and he's got the long girl edition.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Ok thanks n yea I don't figure the pistons will like it much!! Lol I know guys are makin 650 easy with a 475 over stocker but just didn't wana spend 4k yet till after I spend all the money to build motor and I think I can get a good kit with all I need to do 650 for under a thousand.

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
Well mayb it will b way under 1k haha. I would just like a progressive controller to control psi during boost so it won't come on straight out of the hole like it would with a wot switch. With a controller u can set it when it won't come on till u reach say 20-25 psi and the wot switch is activated. That way it's past the beams and bf the 60ft line and then the a second stage can come in a lit farther down the track.

Muff

Just Learning
Oct 7, 2013
Butler, Pa
There's a pretty informative nitrous thread on here somewhere, I believe it's called nitrous for dummies. A lot of info in there also.

Stancedlb7

Cummin Stroke this Duramax
Feb 9, 2015
SLC, UTAH
I run a Hobbs at 15psi. Launch at about 12psi. Progressive controllers are more for gassers. You really need to be able to control intervals

JeremyDon88

Feb 6, 2012
100% stock.. I've been checking around tryi to come up sir a good combo but I'd really like to get sum good tunes for nitrous specific runs so that I'm gettin enough fuel to go along with it. Wright now the tune I run is pretty clean so don't think it would do much beside cool EGT's. Does anyone know if josh H sell tunes or just tunes his own stuff?

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
100% stock.. I've been checking around tryi to come up sir a good combo but I'd really like to get sum good tunes for nitrous specific runs so that I'm gettin enough fuel to go along with it. Wright now the tune I run is pretty clean so don't think it would do much beside cool EGT's. Does anyone know if josh H sell tunes or just tunes his own stuff?
Probably have to sign a waver for the stock engine nitrous tune lol