New Truck Considerations

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
sorry, that was for smokinlmms post about if his dealer doesn't find him a 16 soon, he's buying a ram. thats crazy to me. I own both, and wouldn't buy a ram over a denali. just my opinion tho.
was just calling him crazy for not waiting.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
I'd say for you tho, regardless of the make, if your comfortable tearing off emissions, losing warranty, and possibly getting in trouble down the road. all 3 can do it. but I'd go gm. i like the ride, the look, and all around like ifs. like I said, I own both, and have had front end issues with our cummins, odd Tire wear ect. there's plenty of ways to make 600hp on a lml. just gonna take some money.

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
I have a buddy with a 14 RAM he just told me he cant tow his 5er over 45 or starts swaying said something wore out on front end got around 100k

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

silvrmax04

IBEW local 24
Apr 18, 2007
md
The swaying has nothing to do with what is pulling it. Sounds like too much weight in the rear of the trailer. The front end is a different story and not surprised.

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
He was pulling 5th wheel RV Big one like 40 ft Mobile Suites....... was balanced correctly you cant get that balance off very easy this guy not an idiot does not matter what he pulls actually it gets worse the more weight puts on truck it is a problem on truck those things some kind of four link with bags in the back don't they?

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
I'm not making anything up. I own a landscaping company. we also do snow removal as well. we own all 3. mainly gm. but own a few f550s. and a few cummins. Nothing newer the 2014 for the cummins or fords. all 3 are great. pull great. the Fords have higher gvw then gm. which is why we own them. can haul more legally. anyway, every straight axle I own, I cannot make the same years I get out of the ifs trucks. Tire wear is horrible, drag links, knuckles ect.
For pulling, most are trucks are dually, but I know, in my opinion, the Dodge seem to have the softest feeling rear ends of them all.
I do like the interiors of the ram tho. even tho most ours are not loaded, they are still nicer then the equivalent gm. Now my personal denali I own, is pretty nice, I like it, can't really say I'd pick a ram interior order it.

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
Pretty sure that's what the owner of Synthetic Motor Sports has done to his truck. Dynoed- 654/1123
Well if he did was with spray and his turbo was gone after couple of those runs. Definitely wouldn't be a reliable setup and very hot.

Troysalm71

Feb 28, 2016
Bemidji, MN
I sure wish mine were that though. I've got all that done an in my opinion I think it's a strong 500. Big maybe not sure but it does do real well.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
that's why you do the cp3 conversion. and throw a compound kit on. great towing, great power, fun, reliable ect. least that's what I'm gonna do. I'm shooting for around your hp goal as well. 600ish. Nothing more tho. I'm over the need for crazy big power at the moment. see how long that lasts once it's all done. lol

Digmax

Jan 23, 2016
Ive done the conversion and compounds on mine ive got about 30k on a 600ish tune my big tune is supposedly between 650 and 700 but my stock convertor gets a bit confused but no problems so far