• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Ok guys, here goes. Let's see how this works out. This is a preliminary set of rules for a new stock truck list. I'm setting up a poll that will be active for 1 week. The poll will be public (meaning we can see who voted for what). If you vote no, please post your proposed change. At a minimum, you must post what you specifically have a problem with. If you do not, your vote will not be counted. I'm going to start trying to get a 2/3 majority. If we go through the process more than 3 times, it will be majority wins for whichever variation had the highest percentage of yes votes. It is election day, so get to voting.

The purpose of this list will be to keep track of the 25 quickest stock street trucks. The trucks on this list must all be stock street legal pickups with stock motors.

The truck must be registered, insured, and street legal, including tires (full slicks ok on 2wd trucks).

The CP3 must remain stock, meaning nothing can be done to it. It must be completely stock in both form and function. Swaps from different years are allowed, but nothing (including the regulator) can be modified. The CP3 inlet fitting may be replaced with a higher flowing part.

The turbo must remain stock, meaning nothing can be done to it. It must be completely stock in both form and function. Swaps between models is ok, but wheel swaps and housing, waste gate, or vane modifications are not allowed, as applicable (wastegate actuators and wastegate line modifications are acceptable). All plumbing to and from the turbo is fair game.

The injectors must remain stock, meaning nothing can be done to them. They must be completely stock in both form and function. Swaps between models is ok, but no enlarged tips.

The motor must remain stock, meaning nothing can be done to it. It must be completely stock in both form and function. If you want to put an LBZ motor in your LB7 so you can get better rods, that is fine, but you have to do it with LBZ pistons. No swapping internal parts between motors is allowed. Crank, pistons, rods, bolts (even head bolts, meaning no head studs allowed), balancer, cam, heads, valves, valve springs, etc. must all be stock parts.

Weight reduction is allowed, but all exterior body panels and glass must remain intact (if your truck was ordered with a box delete or as a cab and chassis, you must have a flat bed on it). Also, all factory safety equipment must still be installed (including front bumper) and working, and the HVAC system (the parts behind the dash and under the hood) must remain fully intact. The frame must remain complete and unaltered (welding brackets to the frame is allowed, but no cutting is allowed).

The suspension must be stock both front and rear. Any shock that can bolt into the stock location may be used. Leafs may be removed from the rear, but the main leaf must be a factory 2500HD or 3500 leaf. Traction bars are allowed. Torsion bars must be used for the front. Aftermarket A-arms are allowed.

Stock axle(s) must be used. Aftermarket differentials, axle shafts, and gear ratios are allowed.

The stock transfer case must be used (where applicable). It cannot be modified in any way other than a pump rub fix.

Built transmissions are allowed.

Lift pumps and new fuel system plumbing is allowed.

Fuel cells and battery relocation is allowed.

No restrictions on interior modifications as long as it doesn't break any other rules.

Aftermarket air intakes, intercooler, and intercooler tubes is allowed.

Aftermarket manifolds, up pipes, and EGR deletes are allowed. Aftermarket exhaust is also allowed.

All passes must be fuel only, no injectables of any kind.

Anything else not mentioned is fair game.

moss

<--good vibrations
Dec 15, 2008
sandwich, il
list seems good:thumb:. only change i would do is factory exhaust manifold. egr delete is okay, just use an lb7 up pipe or similar replacement or even weld orginal up.

but only if i was picky!!

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Out of curiosity, who makes sure everyone is within the rules?
Obviously, this is on the honor system. I will do my best to make sure anyone added to the list isn't dumb enough to post about a modification that would DQ them from the list.

I would also like to propose that no trucks be added from the old list unless they can verify that their truck complied with the rules of this list when they ran their time.

Last edited:

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
I still say a modified regulator should be allowed. I tried one but couldn't get it to run right, but this mod is something you can do at home.

You also don;t spevify whether or not non factory installed transmissions can be used.

I also don't see anything about relocating the stock motor rearward?

I also don't like the fuel cell and anything goes on the interior. What about headers?

blk smoke lb7

<-----Lots of green $
Nov 8, 2010
belvidere,ill
Also Josh i know this is a non glamours job putting this together and i think you have done a great job cutting threw all the good and bad. THANK YOU :thumb:

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Obviously, this is on the honor system. I will do my best to make sure anyone added to the list isn't dumb enough to post about a modification that would DQ them from the list.

I would also like to propose that no trucks be added from the old list unless they can verify that their truck complied with the rules of this list when they ran their time.

So what is the verification procedure?

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I still say a modified regulator should be allowed. I tried one but couldn't get it to run right, but this mod is something you can do at home.

You also don;t spevify whether or not non factory installed transmissions can be used.

I also don't see anything about relocating the stock motor rearward?

I also don't like the fuel cell and anything goes on the interior. What about headers?
I disagree with the regulator.

Yes, I missed the transmission thing when I typed up the list of rules, but it must be the factory transmission, Allison for pickups and 4L85E for vans.

I'm not sure how you can move the motor back without modifying the frame, but no, that isn't allowed.

Headers are fine.

So what is the verification procedure?
What is the verification for any list? Ask if they follow the rules and hope they don't lie.

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
I think a wheel upgrade should be allowed at minimum for turbo regs, i also think stg 1 & 2 charger upgrade should be allowed, and to keep the turbo size restraints at that point(no greater than stg 2, no danville vgt72) since the parts can be purchased from gm.

Other than that, the rules list looks great, just not really "stock" id like to see it called something more appropriate, but have no ideas:confused::rolleyes:

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Stock

I think stock should be STOCK! No fuel cells, No Headers/manifolds, NO weight reduction other than the normal stuff(tail gate,spare tire). I think(maybe i'm wrong) but it was for truely stock trucks at the start. Somebody can drive anything if they want. I could drive the dragster if I wanted to it's got lights horn and doesn't run hot if i'm get running it. It really doesn't matter to me but I think stock should be stock.

dordtrecht5

Regular Cabs Rock
Jul 21, 2009
Wherever I am working
I think stock should be STOCK! No fuel cells, No Headers/manifolds, NO weight reduction other than the normal stuff(tail gate,spare tire). I think(maybe i'm wrong) but it was for truely stock trucks at the start. Somebody can drive anything if they want. I could drive the dragster if I wanted to it's got lights horn and doesn't run hot if i'm get running it. It really doesn't matter to me but I think stock should be stock.

Exactly where I am with the deal. I don't think the truck interior should be stripped down. That right there says you have a race vehicle. The typical mods to a truck should be allowed, but there are definitely things on the list that are questionable.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
Is the tailgate considered a body panel? Most guys run without just to shed easy weight.
Yes, another thing I forgot to put in the list. Tailgate removal would be allowed.

To be honest, Jeff, I would like to see the motor be completely stock with the only engine performance modifications allowed to be lift pump, tuning, exhaust, intake, and EGR blocker plate, but I just don't see the majority agreeing with that. I felt this was a pretty good compromise. I've always been of the opinion that a stock turbo and stock CP3 are the limiters for what our engines are capable of producing, and that is why I feel they should remain completely stock. As far as weight reduction goes, I think that is just part of the game. People are going to do it regardless, so you might as well let them. I say if they want to go to all the trouble to pull all their interior panels out to shave 100 lbs, more power to them. In my opinion, the rules allow a crew cab and extended cab a fighting chance on leveling the playing field against a regular cab. There's only so much you can take out of a regular cab. Right, wrong, or whatever, we will never all agree completely, but I think it's pretty fair.