New single CP3, Single turbo record set!

aklbz

Jan 8, 2015
Awesome, can't wait to see how the single stroker compares to duals!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Not trying to stir the pot just asking questions......1650+ with 250s and a 14mm or equivalent pumps and Socal heads or other name brand heads? I agree 100% pressures have to be different but when does that actually affect power? I haven't been on the dyno since I've put triples on but also haven't seen high egts or a lack of power above 4400 with my stock heads. I'm still running PPE cast pistons and haven't had any issues with cylinder pressure to date. On another note what's the new racing project? ODSS needs more Duramax equipped vehicle, would be good to see you back at the track...

Here is a good reference for you to understand what I am trying to explain. This motor is the best parts combo with a small 3.0 turbo(HX60), has 15.5comp, biggest heads available from Wagler with ZZ Fab water to air intercooler setup, remote mount turbo, dual 10mm cp3's, 400%inj, big cam. This setup makes 66psi and egt's stayed at or below 1600degrees at full power. You can see by the power curve that the engine parts made a big difference in power versus rpm. If I bolted the 91mm turbo on this setup it would have made close to that 1600-1650hp range pretty easy. Without dynoing it you have no idea what you have and where you have it. How and where you make pressure is everything. Hp and cylinder pressure do not go hand in hand.
As far as my race project, who knows what exactly I will do but when I know I will post it. I can promise you though that it will only have one 14mm cp3 and 500%inj. It will also more than likely triple turbos and I am going for 2k hp range at the crank. I will also be using a Bosch Standalone from Exergy. Should be fun!:thumb:

Attachments

• 3.0hx turbo.jpg
    3.0hx turbo.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 80

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
Here is a good reference for you to understand what I am trying to explain. This motor is the best parts combo with a small 3.0 turbo(HX60), has 15.5comp, biggest heads available from Wagler with ZZ Fab water to air intercooler setup, remote mount turbo, dual 10mm cp3's, 400%inj, big cam. This setup makes 66psi and egt's stayed at or below 1600degrees at full power. You can see by the power curve that the engine parts made a big difference in power versus rpm. If I bolted the 91mm turbo on this setup it would have made close to that 1600-1650hp range pretty easy. Without dynoing it you have no idea what you have and where you have it. How and where you make pressure is everything. Hp and cylinder pressure do not go hand in hand.
As far as my race project, who knows what exactly I will do but when I know I will post it. I can promise you though that it will only have one 14mm cp3 and 500%inj. It will also more than likely triple turbos and I am going for 2k hp range at the crank. I will also be using a Bosch Standalone from Exergy. Should be fun!:thumb:
Nobody here has heard from you in a while.....then out of nowhere you come out of the dark with some kind of spectacular project you have been working on. You have always done awesome work and continue to do so. Keep up the good work. Nice job and great numbers Mark! :thumb:

This makes me kick myself for not buying a stroker off you instead of a modded. You told me to get a stroker and I didn't listen. Ugh

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Nobody here has heard from you in a while.....then out of nowhere you come out of the dark with some kind of spectacular project you have been working on. You have always done awesome work and continue to do so. Keep up the good work. Nice job and great numbers Mark! :thumb:

This makes me kick myself for not buying a stroker off you instead of a modded. You told me to get a stroker and I didn't listen. Ugh

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lol, I guess it's cause I'm old school and don't feel like saying anything unless it is worthy of the attention and is better than the last project. Honestly I probably should speak more often about the day to day stuff but I have been burnt out on this industry for the last year or so with all the bs. Wait til spring when I put twins on this stock LMM and push to get as close 1k hp on a bone stock motor(will be putting Socal valve springs and pushrods in it for obvious reasons) and keeping it in the safe zone pressure wise.:thumb:

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
. Wait til spring when I put twins on this stock LMM and push to get as close 1k hp on a bone stock motor(will be putting Socal valve springs and pushrods in it for obvious reasons) and keeping it in the safe zone pressure wise.:thumb:

This just got interesting

aklbz

Jan 8, 2015
How come some of you don't like the duals? Was thinkin about goin with a set for the reliability and not havin to dig in there to pull stocker for stroker.. Just wondering y some don't like them? Is it the cludder,wiring or st of that nature? I tho two stock pump put out more the the 12mm? Just tryin to figure out best option... I will b goin to the stg2r as well btw....

I don't really have any negatives about dual fuelers as of now, they work great but my engine bay has enough stuff without adding an extra CP3, wiring and fuel lines haha. Just more stuff to dig through and around when I'm working on it. Oh I do have one negative, I have to pull the serpentine belt and pump off to check/fill power steering pump. Nothing to bad just takes an extra few minutes.

LWATSON

future trans limpers
Jul 30, 2008
Scotland Neck NC
Mark, how big of a role do larger injectors play in reducing cylinder pressure? I have 60 overs and plan to push my motor a little harder soon with a stroker pump. I know for a stock bottom end the 60's are plenty for my HP goal but would bumping up to 100's allow me to reach my HP goal at a lower cylinder pressure or do the 60's pretty much get me to the point where it's not going to be beneficial to go bigger? Just for the sake of info lets say my goal is 750-800, that would certainly be on the high side of where I'd like to be.

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Mark, how big of a role do larger injectors play in reducing cylinder pressure? I have 60 overs and plan to push my motor a little harder soon with a stroker pump. I know for a stock bottom end the 60's are plenty for my HP goal but would bumping up to 100's allow me to reach my HP goal at a lower cylinder pressure or do the 60's pretty much get me to the point where it's not going to be beneficial to go bigger? Just for the sake of info lets say my goal is 750-800, that would certainly be on the high side of where I'd like to be.

Yes, injector size plays a role and also when and where you try to make power. Injector sizing helps in controlling when and how you get the job done. The cool part about bigger injectors is you are able to inject a larger quantity of fuel in a much shorter period of time and that allows you to wait til much closer to top dead center to start the injection which is easier on the motor itself. The burn rate of the fuel also has an affect on how quickly the pressure is generated and the leaner the mixture is also speeds up the burn rate. For what your looking to do I would definitely look into 100%inj.:thumb:

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Yes, injector size plays a role and also when and where you try to make power. Injector sizing helps in controlling when and how you get the job done. The cool part about bigger injectors is you are able to inject a larger quantity of fuel in a much shorter period of time and that allows you to wait til much closer to top dead center to start the injection which is easier on the motor itself. The burn rate of the fuel also has an affect on how quickly the pressure is generated and the leaner the mixture is also speeds up the burn rate. For what your looking to do I would definitely look into 100%inj.:thumb:
Would you still recommend 100% vs 60% over on lb7 injectors at around 800hp?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Would you still recommend 100% vs 60% over on lb7 injectors at around 800hp?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

60%inj in an LB7 is like having close to 100% over inj in an LBZ so no I wouldn't recommend them for 800hp. Other issue you have with lb7 injectors at 100% is that they are lazy. On LB7's I like to go from 60% overs straight to 150% over because of the difference in nozzle design and how they react. If you can't afford the coin to go to 150%inj then don't go past the 85% on stock nozzles.:thumb: