NEW LOWER PRICE!!! High Flow Exhaust Manifolds/Up-Pipes. 50 State legal! E.O. D-701-1

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
This Just in...... PPE High Flow Exhaust Manifolds are now 50 STATE LEGAL!!!!

So what does this mean to you? You can install them and pass emission testing in any of the 50 states (egr options only). This takes out a lot of the headaches when smogging your truck. Also C.A.R.B. emission testing showed a 25% REDUCTION in emission output!

Features

- NOW 50 STATE LEGAL!!
- Cast hi-sil moly iron high flow manifold construction (acts as a ceramic coating), co-designed by Honeywell (Garrett) and PPE using CAD software to maximize flow characteristics.
- Free flowing Stainless Steel Inner Liner Bellows (TRUE AIRCRAFT GRADE, not braided low temp bellows)
- Stainless Steel 11-gauge .120-inch wall diameter Up-Pipes (1 PSC TUBES, Not butt welded joints)
- 25% Reduction in emission output (shows the efficiency of the design)
- Significant reduction in drive pressures, Quicker turbo spool and LOWER EGT's!
- Built in bosses, pre-drilled and tapped 1/8” NPT for EGT gauge sensor
- Fits all year of Duramax 6.6l

See all the information here.... http://www.pacificp.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_7&products_id=216

Street price of $1169.99 and up! Street price Now $990.00 updated 8/21/2013

Attachments

• Manifold_UpPipes_Installed_2012_v1.jpg
    Manifold_UpPipes_Installed_2012_v1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 127
  • CutAway_v2.jpg
    CutAway_v2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Manifold_UpPipes_v6_web.jpg
    Manifold_UpPipes_v6_web.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 118
  • FullLineOfUpPipes_v5.jpg
    FullLineOfUpPipes_v5.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Manifold_UpPipes_v3_web.jpg
    Manifold_UpPipes_v3_web.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

adeso

wait, what?
May 30, 2011
Minot, ND
Ok I’ll ask, how in the hell does it drop emissions by 25%? What testing has been done? Not saying it can’t be done but I’m here to learn and this is fascinating if it is true (again not saying it isn’t)

glock36

Jul 21, 2012
Neosho Missouri
I am with adeso on this one, I am in it for the education and of corse to better the mechanics of my one and only LML.
I am not doubting what you are saying I would like to know how it works to see these improvement's..
And a big congratulations to you folks

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
Ok sorry for the delay...

Ok I’ll ask, how in the hell does it drop emissions by 25%? What testing has been done? Not saying it can’t be done but I’m here to learn and this is fascinating if it is true (again not saying it isn’t)

Since the manifolds and up-pipes increase adiabatic and volumetric efficiency the engine (air pump, less restriction/pumping losses) can now do a better job of burning more of the available fuel. This reduces particulate matter by up to 35%. N.O.X. is also lowered approx 25% because of the egt drop due to the complete burn of fuel and less pumping losses.

C.A.R.B/E.P.A. testing is done in a facility here in southern California. This Facility is who MOST if not all the aftermarket manufactures must submit product for compliance testing and is over seen by C.A.R.B./E.P.A.

I am with adeso on this one, I am in it for the education and of corse to better the mechanics of my one and only LML.
I am not doubting what you are saying I would like to know how it works to see these improvement's..
And a big congratulations to you folks

Last edited:

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
the braided line is a -6 and size wise barely fits between the frame and exhaust bolt. can the stock lbz down pipe fit over the up pipes? i barely have enough room between the firewall and shields for the tranny dipstick.. the back to the chassis side engine mount is 1/4"

1005770_10201144636591595_561437423_n.jpg

Last edited:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
2, 4 exhaust port.. i'll post pic up shortly

Ok....

So the measurement from the ext port flange on #2 to the top of the head of the bolt is 1.10" and measurement for the very outside of the manifold is 3.40"

The measurement from the ext port flange on #4 to the top of the head of the bolt is 1.10" and measurement for the very outside of the manifold is 5.50" but the flange for the up-pipe stick out a bit further at 6.50"

Hope this help... please let me know if you have any other questions.:thumb:

Dan@PPE

Diesel Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2006
So Cal.
whats the difference between twin and single turbo up pipes?

The single turbo has a small flat spot on it (round pipe) to clear the Down-pipe.

The twin setup does not have the flat spot in it (full round pipe) as there is no down-pipe that runs across the up-pipe

malibu795

misspeelleerr
Apr 28, 2007
in the buckeye state
Ok....

So the measurement from the ext port flange on #2 to the top of the head of the bolt is 1.10" and measurement for the very outside of the manifold is 3.40"

The measurement from the ext port flange on #4 to the top of the head of the bolt is 1.10" and measurement for the very outside of the manifold is 5.50" but the flange for the up-pipe stick out a bit further at 6.50"

Hope this help... please let me know if you have any other questions.:thumb:

you catch the picture i posted? i'm guessing they stick out farther than stock..by 1.5"?
either way i'd have to pull the engine to install them