NEW Cognito limit straps

Nor-Cal Nick

Suspension Guy
May 14, 2008
Bakersfield Ca.
www.NorCalTruck.com
A quick pic of the NEW Cognito Motorsports suspension limit straps. Product was designed to completely reduce any full drop out upper ball joint presser and helping the upper ball joint live a longer lift. The target market is for the GM 8-lug owner driving there truck in heavy off road conditions where the suspension would drop out consistently or for the end user running there suspension @ max travel when leveling there stance. Without the limit strap the suspension would meet it's max travel and stop by the UCA resting on the frame and still allowing the lower control arm and heavy weight of the tire and wheel combo hanging from the UCA ball joint thus increasing wear.

Limit strap kits will be offered in:
- 0-3" Cognito Leveling kits
- 4-6" Cognito lift kits
- 7-9" Cognito lift kits
- 10-12" Cognito lift kits

More info and pricing coming soon.

Nor-Cal Nick

Suspension Guy
May 14, 2008
Bakersfield Ca.
www.NorCalTruck.com
Just put them on line >> http://www.norcaltruck.com/shop/prod...oducts_id=1 155

01-09 GM 8lug Adjustable Limit Straps

Your GM vehicle was equipped with a droop stop that limits the down travel of the front suspension by the upper control arm. When the suspension droops to the droop stop, all of the weight and force of the wheel and tire is applied to the upper balljoint. This can cause premature balljoint wear as well as balljoint failure. This adjustable limit strap kit will change the suspension function to limit the droop travel by the lower control arm which is not only a safer option, but can help extend balljoint life. The kit can be used on a stock vehicle, torsion key lifted vehicle or a vehicle with Cognito Motorsports Suspension. If you have a kit from another manufacturer. We may be able to put a custom length kit together!

Darius6t9

I'm the Floater. Lurking.
Aug 23, 2008
Rusk, Tx. Again
I was wondering when someone was going to do this.:)

Do they have one for the rear? For those that have airbags. So the idiots at the tire shop don't pull a bags apart when they lift the back by the frame instead of the axle. Even after you tell them not to.:mad: Wonder how I found that out.:D

Nor-Cal Nick

Suspension Guy
May 14, 2008
Bakersfield Ca.
www.NorCalTruck.com

Do they have one for the rear? For those that have airbags. So the idiots at the tire shop don't pull a bags apart when they lift the back by the frame instead of the axle. Even after you tell them not to.:mad: Wonder how I found that out.:D

No not yet, we have long travel bags being built for that and the bigger picture of off roading and not over extending the bags that way also.

This is hanging on the lift with Deaver 6" lift springs

picture1470.jpg

So where do these straps hook up if you arent using a cognito kit?

They don't bolt to anything Cognito so it has no issue's if you don't have that kit.

Last edited:

Fat_Robi

I may be wrong, but...
Sep 7, 2008
Las Vegas, NV / Provo,UT
No not yet, we have long travel bags being built for that and the bigger picture of off roading and not over extending the bags that way also.

This is hanging on the lift with Deaver 6" lift springs

picture1470.jpg

They don't bolt to anything Cognito so it has no issue's if you don't have that kit.

How much are the long travel bags? Do they ride better than a normal bag?

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah

were do they bolt to Nick ? I am interested but need to know were to get a measurement ? I am assuming lower shock mount for the bottom , not shure on the top .

RENODMAX

Dead Wrong
Mar 4, 2008

People have been making limit straps for years...These arent any different than any others from what I can tell. I thought they were specific to hook up to cognito lifts or something but apprently they arent.

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
People have been making limit straps for years...These arent any different than any others from what I can tell. I thought they were specific to hook up to cognito lifts or something but apprently they arent.

The only benifit i can see jordan is they seem to be a " bolt on kit " . Other than that like you said, its still just a limmiting strap .

JD4440

<< Lo-Carb Monster
Feb 27, 2009
Orlinda, TN
were do they bolt to Nick ? I am interested but need to know were to get a measurement ? I am assuming lower shock mount for the bottom , not shure on the top .

It almost looks as if you drill a hole in the rear of the upper shock bracket. An installed pic would be sweet.

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Ill admit ,I am a cognito fan:D The lift kits and supports and tie rods all take a shit kicken from me on my 05....The straps should be just as good!

Still need to hear that they will make them for a lowered truck and im sold:baby:

LBZrcks

Jun 2, 2007
SoCal

What's the difference if you were to have your truck on a lift?:confused: