New Carry Gun

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
Was getting some stuff at my gun dealer and saw this one eying me up......so I grabbed it. It's my first 40 S&W, I carry mostly 45s. Only ran a box through it so far but it seems to shoot well. Going to pick up my night sights for it tomorrow and will prob run 4 or 5 hundred rounds through it this weekend:angel:

Attachments

• M&P 40.jpg
    M&P 40.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 106
Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
You need a license to carry firearm if you want to carry concealed, for open carry you just need to be 21. The only sate in the country that doesnt require a license to carry concealed is Vermont. As far as buying it, there is no license needed and no waiting period:thumb: I have a tough enough time waiting for my class 3 stuff, I couldn't deal with having to wait to pick up a regular gun.

Last edited:

maine04max

Dec 11, 2008
Maine is real easy to get guns too . you can open carry with out a permit but i went ahead and got my permit anyway

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
Why a 40? Not being an asswhole just a question. I carry a 45 and have had a few 9m in the past. I find it cheaper shot a 9m but I like the power of a 45. I also found I liked carring a 45 after several years in army. One reason was because I wasn't paying for the amo LOL.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
You need a license to carry firearm if you want to carry concealed, for open carry you just need to be 21. The only sate in the country that doesnt require a license to carry concealed is Vermont. As far as buying it, there is no license needed and no waiting period:thumb: I have a tough enough time waiting for my class 3 stuff, I couldn't deal with having to wait to pick up a regular gun.

Thats the way it should be:thumb: You have to jump through all sorts of hoops in N.Y. just to get a pistol permit to buy one:rolleyes:

juddski88

Freedom Diesel
Jul 1, 2008
Chesterfield, Mass.
the trigger pull is set at like 10lbs stock, way to heavy for me, its a little jerky. the 9mm is like 7 lbs and the .45 was around 8lbs i think. i've shot a few hundred rounds through each M&P and i liked the 9mm full size and 9compact the best. best trigger, best follow-up. there's a guy out near the cape here in mass that will do some work to the .40 to lighten the trigger and some other minor mods for a very reasonable price. he's pretty much the only one doing mods to the M&P's that S&W knows of. ill post his sinfo once i find it again.

Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
I haven't tested it but just from feel there is no way this sucker is breaking at 10lbs:eek:

I got a 40 because I have never had one and wanted to play around with it. I am also going to throw a 45 can on it and see how it works.

Philtopgun

Nice n Easy
May 5, 2007
Edmond,OK-still a Texan

add Texas to the no license carry...

Philtopgun

Nice n Easy
May 5, 2007
Edmond,OK-still a Texan
last year was a screw up and wasnt even fixed this year as planned... You can carry with out a concealed handgun permit. the ucw law expired and hasnt been renewed... crazy, but hardly anyone knows.

and u still can go get a ch license...

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
last year was a screw up and wasnt even fixed this year as planned... You can carry with out a concealed handgun permit. the ucw law expired and hasnt been renewed... crazy, but hardly anyone knows.

and u still can go get a ch license...

gun laws are so screwed up that is belivable haha:rofl:

Does that apply to non-residents?

Philtopgun

Nice n Easy
May 5, 2007
Edmond,OK-still a Texan
yeah im still in awe... cant believe it hasnt made the news, but thats a good thing also. On the actual ucw, it doesnt discriminate on non resident:D. bring that pistol down and lets go plinkin

Pretty cool thing on ur pistol about being able to change the grip to fit ur hand a lil better or different people. I personal believe, besides being reliable, doesnt matter what gun you shoot, just as long as it fits you...

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2007
NE Pa
Its supposed to snow here tomorrow......but that may not stop me from taking her out. There are a lot of good guns out there. I just try and buy American and German made guns:)

msjdgman

Jan 13, 2009
SW Michigan
I`ve thought about the M&P a few times, but I guess I`m old fashioned in respect to my hand guns. Here`s my Colt 38 Super.

Colt38Super10-18-08003-1.jpg

TIM Z

Screwed by 0087s
Jan 17, 2009
Navarre, OH
Nice pistol.

You cant beat an S&W.

I carry a S&W 45 acp. Dead accurate. Have my CCP.:)

I am going to buy a 40. like yours next, easier to conceal, 40. ammo is cheaper and More accurate than 45. rounds.

JS2TZU

Dec 3, 2008
Kauai Hawaii
in Hawaii the only time your allowed to have a gun is if your going hunting or to the shooting range. and its a straight to the site and straight home kinda deal.