My RCLB (SB eventually) build thread

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
Bought this truck today:

http://erepairables.com/index.php?o...00HD&template=yoo_planet&yt_color=blackorange

2007 GMC Sierra Classic 3500HD Duramax/Allison

Plans are to fix it first off then back half the frame and make the truck into a shortbed. Will be my work truck/winter DD'er. I didn't want to cut up a perfectly titled truck so now I won't feel bad about it being a salvage.

The good thing is I have an OEM pass fender, fender liners, OEM GMC grill shell, Headlights, signals and hood already have been collecting dust in the shop... might just HD hood it right away though. The front frame horns are a little tweaked but the truck starts and still moves even though it has crushed trans lines.

Needs a bumper up front and I need to get rid of that horrible rear one, trans cooler, radiator and intercooler, airbox and a bunch of other small stuff.

I'll get more pictures when it shows up. :)

Thought it was a pretty good deal and I got it for less than 8900.

I have to decide if I want to keep it white or respray it graystone or some other color.

Can't wait :woott:

If anyone has any of the parts I need please let me know, I'd really appreciate it :hug:

Also if anyone knows of a short box close to MN please let me know :D

Last edited:

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
It is going to be sick no matter what you do to it just like the rest of your trucks:thumb: I would be sad to see you do it any color other than white:thumb:

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
are u going to lift it or lower or leave it stock?

Level it and either GMC OEM 17's and 285's to keep rotating mass and weight down.... or I have a second set of BMF 22x10.5" PVD rehabs sitting in the shop and put a set of 33" Toyos on them.

I'm going to put a snowplow on the front of this truck most likely to make plowing and cleanups faster.

It is going to be sick no matter what you do to it just like the rest of your trucks:thumb: I would be sad to see you do it any color other than white:thumb:

I love white but Graystone Metallic has always been a favorite color of mine. The whole truck will be painted in the end and doing something different would be cool. If I was crazy I would do the black metallic that comes on the new cadillacs.

Ryan T

Sep 5, 2010
CA
if ur gonna roll the 22s on 33s the QS bed would look cool:thumb:like said above, either way it will look good

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
See I think he should paint it a different color. White and clean is my style however it's kind of like a blonde vs brunette thing. When you're with a blonde you notice smokin hot brunettes and vice versa.... This way the man can have the best of both worlds!:thumb:

Cornell don't let us down on this project. Get a Boss plow! And don't forget I'm buyin your center console!

coldLBZ

Apr 22, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Very Cool :thumb: I think you should keep it white and use a fleet side box. It would be cool to make it a small version of your crew cab.

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I think you should do a quadrasteer bed with a quadrasteer axle. It would make plowing really easy!

Deerwashed

Dec 10, 2010
if i had the patients to do build boulder walls one rock at a time with an 18 ton machine.....i would want it too.

I will stick to hardscaping and landscaping with a 5 ton machine thank you.

Cornell

LBZ for life
Sep 11, 2006
Minnesota
considering how many white trucks your family owns...i think you have to make it white.

White always looks good to me but I am seriously thinking about this blue too.

IMG_8183.jpg

I think you should give me your job.. :D

Come get it! :beavisnbutthead: I want to go back to school before I'm that creepy somewhat older guy... might be too late if I let my gingery beard grow too long. :roflmao:

if i had the patients to do build boulder walls one rock at a time with an 18 ton machine.....i would want it too.

I will stick to hardscaping and landscaping with a 5 ton machine thank you.

If I had it my way I would do 50/50 of both hardscaping and boulder walls.

Next Spring I have a pretty big waterfall/feature hardscaping job and landscaping as well to do that will be a ton of fun. But it also great to build a 550' long wall that's 14' tall all on your own.... setting the last rock is always a good feeling. :)

If there was one think I could do without is a 9k pound rock slipping out and tumbling straight down at me. :eek: