Motor Disassembly

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Motor

Well I just got back from the machine shop and it looks like I have a cracked cylinder on #3. I thought I had head gasket problems and it turns out It has a small crack. I didn't believe :confused:the guy so I went and seen it myself. It would push water all year when run hard. I guess I found out why. Has anyone else had a problem with the blocks in this area? It wasn't the trust side of the block it was torwards the front of the block. We sinic checked it at the crack and it was .260 thick. I can't believe it cracked being that thick. The trust was .290 thick.

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
Oh sh!t Jeff. Man that really sucks. Is there anything you can do to save the block like sleeve that cylinder or something. Maybe hard block the next one?

Last edited:

emiller3

He's Back
Feb 21, 2009
lake charles,LA.
Jeff , I know we have used sleeves in our motors before and all is still well. I know some don't believe it is a good idea but it does work.JMO

ecc_33

Aug 10, 2006
Amanda, Ohio
I talked to Jeff last night and he is going to sleeve the block. He is at the PRI show right now. Jeff was using a stock flywheel if thats what your asking?