LBZ: Mike l trans cooler the same as PPE Coolers??

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
This made in China comments seem a little much unless you have proof the product is not up to standards. I can remember that in the 60's & 70's everything made in Japan was supposed to be bad. Now that is not the case. Don't forget most things, including your mobile phones, are made in China.

Here is the problem. Companies send a product over to China to be copied and mass produced. Witch the design is close but the quality of the metals is not up to par. Last a year or two and done. Mishimoto radiators are junk cause of this.

Novak

SQUIRREL TRYN TO GET A NUT
Jun 15, 2015
Cloud 9, IDAHO
Here is the problem. Companies send a product over to China to be copied and mass produced. Witch the design is close but the quality of the metals is not up to par. Last a year or two and done. Mishimoto radiators are junk cause of this.

Their radiators are made in New Castle, Delaware. I’ve bought a lot of their stuff and have had zero issues with splitting tanks or leaks on their silicone rubbers or my intercooler. The only complaint I really have for them is that they’re products usually require further mods to install that they don’t explain in depth much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Their radiators are made in New Castle, Delaware. I’ve bought a lot of their stuff and have had zero issues with splitting tanks or leaks on their silicone rubbers or my intercooler. The only complaint I really have for them is that they’re products usually require further mods to install that they don’t explain in depth much

They are designed there but made in China. The blue LMM with the front push bar in their literature is mine.

duramaxnate

Professional Amateur
Feb 18, 2014
Norco, CA
www.mcfooracing.com
If you look at these Coolers, the first two rows are useless, the welds around the fittings crack and the stock cooler works better. I had customers call me and complain about these. I had a chance to see one in person a while back and compared it to Mike's Setrab, night and day difference.

PPE so far ditched setrab for the six speeds, I don't know if they did so for the 5 speeds. But still use setrab products for advertising..

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Hmm thanks very good info right there,I wish Mike would have chimed in this thread but looks like I’m selling this and going with his

So I guess this would explain why I didn’t notice a difference over- stock

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
What did you pay for this one? I may be interested.
X2 what James said, and I'm going to add that this isn't the first time I've read you soliciting others, whether buying or selling, in the tech areas. Please knock it off, take it to PMs.

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Thanks everybody for the i feedback....I I talked to Mike this morning sold mine on eBay,And will buy his and will be done with it once and for all

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio

X2 what James said, and I'm going to add that this isn't the first time I've read you soliciting others, whether buying or selling, in the tech areas. Please knock it off, take it to PMs.

Hmm thanks very good info right there,I wish Mike would have chimed in this thread but looks like I’m selling this and going with his

So I guess this would explain why I didn’t notice a difference over- stock . I was only asking as he did mention selling it. For some reason im having problems sending private messages on my cellphone is the reason for commenting on the thread as I perfer not to clutter up the posts if it works correctly. Sorry guys didn't mean to piss anyone off.

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
If you look at these Coolers, the first two rows are useless, the welds around the fittings crack and the stock cooler works better. I had customers call me and complain about these. I had a chance to see one in person a while back and compared it to Mike's Setrab, night and day difference.

PPE so far ditched setrab for the six speeds, I don't know if they did so for the 5 speeds. But still use setrab products for advertising..

On this PPE cooler that is a negative on the first two rows being welded or blocked off I stuck a skinny zip tied and it goes tthrough and through
5a18c8fc6ac77c379129dfd93d77671f.jpg

But regardless I’m already shipping this one out and getting Mike’s can’t wait to see the difference.

Columbus450

Aug 24, 2017
Louisiana
Yes I do have a great update!!!!

After receiving Mike’s , I did a side-by-side comparison of both setrab & ppe coolers ,I noticed right away the orifices on the PPE cooler have up and down peaks Valley - Mountain -Valley Mountain -Valley -Mountain allowing the fluid to work harder to transition from one side to the other
da7e6e306bb3f5b39edd50204ea074a7.jpg

On mike l cooler His was flat -flush and smooth Cut straight vertically up-and-down the fluid did not have to work hard to transition to the other side

(I don’t think I have a picture but I hope you get what I’m saying)

Both coolers had the same amount of channels The PPE was not blocked it went through and through that was the only differences I noticed with the two comparing them besides the fact that Mike’s cooler was a million times better built quality wasn’t even comparable! I’m sure there was more internally that I could not see.

At the end I am very very happy I went with Mike’s because I noticed The quality of the metal was million times better also my temperature DID Drop 20° I never did see that with the PPE cooler it was like I was running the factory OEM one so glad I made the swap!!

Last edited:

BLACKMAX1

WAY2EVL
Jul 10, 2013
VA beach
Awesome, thanks dude.

Yes I do have a great update!!!!

After receiving Mike’s , I did a side-by-side comparison of both setrab & ppe coolers ,I noticed right away the orifices on the PPE cooler have up and down peaks Valley - Mountain -Valley Mountain -Valley -Mountain allowing the fluid to work harder to transition from one side to the other
da7e6e306bb3f5b39edd50204ea074a7.jpg

On mike l cooler His was flat -flush and smooth Cut straight vertically up-and-down the fluid did not have to work hard to transition to the other side

(I don’t think I have a picture but I hope you get what I’m saying)

Both coolers had the same amount of channels The PPE was not blocked it went through and through that was the only differences I noticed with the two comparing them besides the fact that Mike’s cooler was a million times better built quality wasn’t even comparable! I’m sure there was more internally that I could not see.

At the end I am very very happy I went with Mike’s because I noticed The quality of the metal was million times better also my temperature DID Drop 20° I never did see that with the PPE cooler it was like I was running the factory OEM one so glad I made the swap!!

dndj

Boost!
Apr 13, 2019
Oregon
Another Mike L. cooler install

Thanks for the detailed info in this thread, made it an easy choice to go with Mike L's cooler. Just put it on my LB7 last night. Mike provides excellent written instructions and the fit/finish are perfect.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 90
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2258.JPG
    IMG_2258.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 83