Looking for LBZ McRat Race Tune Dyno Graphs

SSonnentag

Diesel Student and Fan
Nov 9, 2006
Yuma, Arizona, USA
Does anyone have dyno graphs for their LBZ running McRat's race tune? I'd just like to have some charts to use for general bragging rights. :) Obviously there will be some variation between trucks, but I'd like to see the general trend for the hp and tq curves.

Shawn

PS Pat, this is an awesome tune. I still haven't gotten up the courage to floor it yet though.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
We hope to get Wendy back to the dyno in the next couple of weeks.

Pat has some work at his real job, he has to get done, before he can take her back.

serpa4

Feb 5, 2007
I should have one tomorrow if all goes well. Stock truck less McRat tune.

serpa4

Feb 5, 2007
SuperFlow dyno run`

SAECorrected. Bone stock truck, no valves, no lift pumps, no exhaust. I do have the EGR blocker plate with no finger stick. McRat tune only.

Last edited:

MAX4X4

Nov 10, 2006
I drive this tune everyday in Wendy :D I'm sure you can tow with it. Just as long as you can control your right foot and watch your EGT's :D

Very :cool2:
Which truck is "Wendy"?

Last edited:

serpa4

Feb 5, 2007
Heading to Denver today with the 5,000 lb boat. I'll see today. The temps are way lower then the 100 hp Juice/attitude. I cant drive fast for 6 seconds with the J/A. Not sure how this tune will do.

MAX4X4

Nov 10, 2006
Heading to Denver today with the 5,000 lb boat. I'll see today. The temps are way lower then the 100 hp Juice/attitude. I cant drive fast for 6 seconds with the J/A. Not sure how this tune will do.

Did you finish your trip towing your boat with this tune? Temps?
Thanks.

serpa4

Feb 5, 2007
Yes, trip was fine with rolling hills, never saw 1000 degrees. Engine temp is more of a concern since I dont have a fan installe right now. I need to hit a bigger hill, but cant without the fan right now. I'll bet with the kitty gone and 4", should be fine. I've got some steep mountains to try, but will have to wait a bit.

serpa4

Feb 5, 2007
Engine fan is missing. Ya know, that huge plastic spinning thing with blades on it. Haven't had it for about 1.5 months. Its cold here in Colorado. In the morning its very very loud and kills the MPG. I never see 200. I saw 210 once on the dyno. Not bad. TxChristopher is making the sweetest set of dual electric fans you will ever see. Custom settings for one then two on if needed, on w/AC, etc.. Says should be good for 10,000lb towing in serious hills and heat. If you pull more, factory setup pulls more air. He and others have tested up serious hills on 110 degree days pulling like 15,000lbs full throttle up 10 miles of hills non stop. Since I'm not anywhere hot, should be good for a lot more pulling. Both my toys together come in at 10,000. 5,000 in the bed for a truck camper, and 5,000 for the boat. He's done beyond extensive testing with them. Solid repeatable 2 mpg gain, often 3 mpg. It was originally designed for the LLY and their over heating problems. He makes a bigger radiator and the fans. These cannot even be compared to the Flex-a-light fans. His comes with controllers and sweet full aluminum shroude. I think I'll be the first with LBZ setup. I did it for the morning noise, and cold weather mpg. The viscus junk in the fan clutch was so thick the fans hardly ever shut off. With his setup, AC is colder, MPG is up, definately better throttle response. Also said they consume upto 28 hp on the dyno when truck is hot and clutch is full engaged, i.e. pulling a hill. Thats when you need that 28 hp back.

Last edited: