LMM Diesel Additive

mario430

Jan 8, 2014
Phoenix Arizona
OK question for you all experts. I do go hunting in Norther Arizona in the winter and it gets down right cold last year we hit -6. At what temp should I think about adding some thing to the fuel while I'm in that type of weather or don't worry about it? Thoughts?
When I do go I'm up there for like 4 days and usually I drive my truck around so its not sitting.

csbsixsix

Mar 27, 2014
Wyo
Stanadyne performance formula here. So far so good.

X2 works great in the winter. I gelled up at -40f when I got lazy and didn't run it in a fillup other then that it's the only additive I run in the winter. Alternate between stanadyne and a full quart of ATF in the summer

IronDX

Jun 14, 2013
I like to use Power Service Diesel Kleen or Stanadyne Performance Formula on every fill up. As for MPG gain from a fuel additive..? Iv never really had a noticeable gain.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
Diesel Kleen...

Grey bottle summertime, white bottle wintertime...

You can literally hear the dffrence when it gets in the injection system...

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
I was given some super super old Power Service from my old man a few months back. He gave me like 10 bottles of it and an additive called Liquid Muscle in a larger jug. Now I know he has had this stuff for years( probably since 2001 ish). Does this stuff expire? They are still sealed containers. Can the old stuff be used in a newer diesel? He had a 99 7.3L Powerstroke. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated.

tony357

Sep 2, 2015
Tuckerton NJ
I have ordered xdps additive I use to use amsoil diesel concentrate which was good stuff a pain to order.. xdps additive seems to be about the same as amsoils..