LMM Diesel Additive

mario430

Jan 8, 2014
Phoenix Arizona
I've been trying to research what is the best fuel additive that I should use in my LMM (2008 sierra). All of the research i'm finding is from 2006 - 2007 not finding anything that will help in my truck any help will be greatly appreciated. Just looking to better fuel economy and help the truck last forever.

Redsoxnut20

Sleeping Dirty
Feb 1, 2014
Ohio
I use XDP's additive and never used anything else because I have noticed significant fuel mileage increase and the price is very affordable especially when they run specials

indiana_jones

LargeFarva
Dec 3, 2013
Ft Collins Colorado
Ive only had my truck since LATE November but I use power service with cetane boost and 911 occasionally. Ill probably grab some stuff for when its warmer. (Obviously you dont need any 911 in phoenix haha)

mike diesel

I'm alright.
Sep 6, 2012
SLC, Utah
I don't run any additive ever. 158,000 miles on it, zero issues. And especially being in Phoenix you don't have to worry about gelling issues.

mario430

Jan 8, 2014
Phoenix Arizona
ok any recommendations on how to get better fuel economy I don't want to spend thousands of dollars because honestly I don't have that kind of money. Currently on a full tank 26 gallons of fuel hand calculation is 14.1 80% is freeway speeds with some traffic

LB7 Lover 1994

Know Nothing
Jul 20, 2013
Greene County, In
A friend of mine from school mixes 1/2 quart of ATF, 12 oz of Power Service, and a full bottle of Heat and puts that into every tank on his Cummins.. I think its overkill but he never has any issues and says he can tell a difference in the way it runs when he does vs doesn't. I just run Power Service and ATF, and Iv'e never had any issues.