LLY to LBZ Intake Runners

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
Boonville, MO/Pendleton, CA
Don't know if this goes here..

I upgraded to lbz intake runners and have a sensor (map?) that was in my lly intake runners. Where does this sensor need to go? The intake runner has a pretty thin wall, I don't know where the best place to put it, if anyone has any ideas please let me know..thanks!

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
Don't know if this goes here..

I upgraded to lbz intake runners and have a sensor (map?) that was in my lly intake runners. Where does this sensor need to go? The intake runner has a pretty thin wall, I don't know where the best place to put it, if anyone has any ideas please let me know..thanks!

Anywhere that it can read boost pressure. y-bride or cold pipe

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
Can you re use the LBZ map sensor and just splice the wires? I still have a set in my garage I'm debating on putting in.

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
LLY map sensor..I was going to drill the y-bridge but I need a stud or something to bolt it down and I really didn't want to drill two holes..

Just didn't know if someone had a better idea, if not I guess I'll have to do it..

bullfrogjohnson

Big Girl!
Nov 20, 2006
Locust, NC
LLY map sensor..I was going to drill the y-bridge but I need a stud or something to bolt it down and I really didn't want to drill two holes..

Just didn't know if someone had a better idea, if not I guess I'll have to do it..

call trent or rick dlance. I know rick makes a bracket that he welds to the lbz intercooler pipes maybe you can buy one.

I believe you can also tune out the MAP sensor with EFI and you wont have to run it.

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
Just to put a piece of threaded pipe with a hose barb on the end and put a piece of hose on the and then put the sensor in that..I thought about drilling that hole out so it's smooth like the hole on the lly runner and just drilling for a boost gauge somewhere else, I have 3 spots for nozzles on the ic pipe..

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
Clever idea. Would it hold the pressure though?
I was planning to put the sensor in the hole where the LBZ one was, and the boost on the other side of the bridge.

SgtKilroy

'Merica!
Sep 30, 2009
SoCal
Cool idea Henry. I didn't know that. :thumb:

If the hole is on the left side, it's where the LBZ MAP sensor went. The set I have still has the sensor in it, but you could definitely use it for that.

RickDLance

Feb 14, 2007
Just remove the bright colored seal from the map sensor. It has a hose barb holding it on. Be sure to match up your hose and your screw in hose barb to it.

Then wire tire your sensor someplace safe where the wires will still reach and run the hose.

:)

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
thanks Rick! I never would of known that orange piece came off, I usually try not to mess with plastic stuff if I don't know much about it or how it comes apart because I tend to break it very easily and it ends up costing me a lot of money to replace it lol

kivetts04dmax

May 20, 2010
got it done, the threads aren't 1/8" NPT, they are more corse than that. I took a small cutting ball on my dremmel and cut out the threads in the hole and threaded a 1/8" hose barb in the hole with some JB Weld on it to make sure it seals and stays there. The hose barb part was 3/16".

TrentNell

Finally underway !!!!!
Jul 7, 2008
slc tuah
mine just has one hole(boost port), I think it's a van bridge..

Just remove the bright colored seal from the map sensor. It has a hose barb holding it on. Be sure to match up your hose and your screw in hose barb to it.

Then wire tire your sensor someplace safe where the wires will still reach and run the hose.

:)

I wish you would have called me Jason , on the van bridges there is a lug that hangs off of the front of the bridge , if you drill a hole right next to the lug the MAP sensor bolts right on , let me see if i can find a picture , it is our fault, we normally drill it out on our end before it leaves, but is easy to do after the fact , the pic is of a PPE bridge but its the same center piece . Or like Rick said you can plumb it in with soft hose and normal hose fittings.

Attachments

• y-brdge pic.jpg
    y-brdge pic.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 43