lly power loss

jpatt

Nov 10, 2016
This wasn't suppose to turn into a bashing deal. I asked a question and that's it. Didn't mean for Jeff to have to defend his work in any way. I'm diesel dumb and he knows that. He knows what he told me about how it runs. Just felt sluggish down low to me now. He offered more power last night as I already stated and I said I was happy with it. Truck starts better now then it ever has in the 2 yrs I have owned it. Thread was posted before I even got with him like I should have. so I was searching for opinions before I should have. My apologies Jeff for this whole deal

Last edited:

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Why be sorry? Anything in text sounds different than in person. At least me anyhow, i hate typing so my shit sounds partial and ignorant at times but I don't care.

So low power at low rpm. Example: my LMM will NOT build boost or pull below 1800-1900 rpm on ANY tune but tunes 4-5 and they still are slow to me. My LLY would blow smoke and pull a house over at 1209 RPM's where this truck won't blow a leaf at 1200.

Send logs to your tuner. If that don't do it by revision 10, find a new one.

jpatt

Nov 10, 2016
It's probably all in my head. I'm a paranoid person when something is broke or I feel it's not right. Had so many issues with this truck in 2 yrs. Had it fixed 1 yr ago and got back a mess. Should have took it to this shop the 1st time. No fear that it isn't going to start every time I get in it now. I'd recommend Jeffs work to anyone. Finally no more braking down hrs from home hooked to a trailer

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Its all good

No problem Jerrod. Its tough to spend a lot of money and something seems different. I have seen and thought myself on other motors that going to a C gasket did take some (very little almost not noticeable) low end away. I didn't notice the difference but I don't drive it everyday. I have also seen were when you put new injectors in a motor you can hold rail pressure better or run slightly more pulse on the injectors. That tells me that the old injectors moved more fuel. Jerrod if something is wrong and not correct with the truck just let me know. The worst thing for anyone (shop) is not knowing there is a problem and cant fix it and next thing you know its on the web. We are all human and anything can and will happen.

jpatt

Nov 10, 2016
If there was a problem u would have heard from me buddy. I did have to buy a new tube of Rtv to glue those center caps back on though. Lol
U guys did a nice job fixing it. Thank u

jpatt

Nov 10, 2016
Just curious, who does your tuning?

Rather not go there man. Let's just say 1 yr ago I took it to the wrong guy and spend a few grand when it should have went to Jeffs shop to begin with. If any tuning or repair work In the future needs done then I know where to take it to. Gonna drive it now and be worry free for a change with it.

Josh154

Sep 28, 2015
Sioux Falls SD
Rather not go there man. Let's just say 1 yr ago I took it to the wrong guy and spend a few grand when it should have went to Jeffs shop to begin with. If any tuning or repair work In the future needs done then I know where to take it to. Gonna drive it now and be worry free for a change with it.

That's the last thing I would do after spending thousands on my truck. No way I would run tuning on my truck where I didn't even want to tell people who tuned it.. switch tunes asap