LLY Nitrous Test

sweetdiesel

That's better
Aug 6, 2006
Thailand
Being a dry kit, the amount of power added really all comes back to how much extra fuel you have to burn. With a stock fuel system (other than a lift pump) the small jet cleans up the extra fuel really well. Adding more nitrous will make it faster, but I would bet I could spray another .052 on top of the first one and be luck to pick up another 2 tenths. I could be wrong about that since I've never tried it, but that's my gut feeling.

Josh
you remember Joey lb7 ? he ran 12.7 on fuel and 11.7 on the Nos.

he made a ton of passes like that until he blew the hg:D

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
Let me get some breakfast and then I'll spew last nights unfortunate events.

Spoiler alert, I didn't break anything...I think..

Sent from my iPhone.

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
There was 341 tech cards at the track last night... busiest Ive ever seen firebird...

So I didn't park at all, drove in straight to tech, straight to staging. After the first run I drove straight back to stage, and still was only able to make 2 passes. They were running one lane most of the night.

First pass I left the line soft ~10psi, and only cut a 1.9 because I was thinking about spraying. Started the shot in 3rd gear. Trans was real unhappy (my fault I should have taken it WOT a few times to get it learned). Something was wrong with the time thing and I didn't get a timeslip :( , but Brian was able to get some of the info from the tower by the starting line.

Spraying from 3rd on took me from 107.9mph to 111.15mph

My second pass I was unable to spool on the line at all, not even 1 or 2psi....(which I will be starting a thread about shortly lol). I was pretty upset about that and I almost hit the button a little bit to try to spool it, but thought I better not. As soon as I let off the brakes I hit the shot and it spooled up fast.

I sprayed from the end of 1st all the way. The truck has never felt that fast.

Again there was no slip at the timeshack...wtf.

I went up to the tower myself the second time and they had nothing up there at all, the run didn't get recorded. I had a bad time.

I tried brake boosting the truck again as we were leaving and it spooled up great, idk what the deal is.. :(

I know the 2nd run was faster than 111, I just wish I knew what it was.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
Well at least you didn't grenade the engine:thumb: I've been kicking the idea of spray around for a while now and after seeing you and Quinton were going to try it I was about to start looking for a kit but if something bad would've happened it definitely would've scared me :eek:

TDFDiesel

I'm That Guy
Jan 6, 2011
Mesa, AZ
Because BATMAN... You can't expect time slips to work when running the Batmobile.

classic-batman-logo.jpg

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
And to top it off, my laptop died before I could make my second pass so I have no idea what was happening on the line.

quinton

Nov 28, 2011
Granbury Tx.
So I didn't park at all, drove in straight to tech, straight to staging. After the first run I drove straight back to stage, and still was only able to make 2 passes. They were running one lane most of the night.

First pass I left the line soft ~10psi, and only cut a 1.9 because I was thinking about spraying. Started the shot in 3rd gear. Trans was real unhappy (my fault I should have taken it WOT a few times to get it learned). Something was wrong with the time thing and I didn't get a timeslip :( , but Brian was able to get some of the info from the tower by the starting line.

Spraying from 3rd on took me from 107.9mph to 111.15mph

My second pass I was unable to spool on the line at all, not even 1 or 2psi....(which I will be starting a thread about shortly lol). I was pretty upset about that and I almost hit the button a little bit to try to spool it, but thought I better not. As soon as I let off the brakes I hit the shot and it spooled up fast.

I sprayed from the end of 1st all the way. The truck has never felt that fast.

Again there was no slip at the timeshack...wtf.

I went up to the tower myself the second time and they had nothing up there at all, the run didn't get recorded. I had a bad time.

I tried brake boosting the truck again as we were leaving and it spooled up great, idk what the deal is.. :(

I know the 2nd run was faster than 111, I just wish I knew what it was.

What size pill did you use?

SSchmi5519

LLY Cult Leader
Oct 19, 2008
Arizona
I see. Ya I didn't feel any difference with a .35. But maybe it's cuz I was to nervous. Lol.

It was hard to feel even the .067 once the boost was up. When I hit it mid spool, man you could really tell a difference. I would not recommend that though. Very hard on the rods.

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
It was hard to feel even the .067 once the boost was up. When I hit it mid spool, man you could really tell a difference. I would not recommend that though. Very hard on the rods.

X2..... I was planning on setting mine up on a boost switch. Did you notice how much it affected you egt's?