LLY goes BOOM!!

HEEPJEEP

<--- Solid Axle "Leveled"
Mar 26, 2009
NH
Jason, if you are interested in internal balancing, ask Todd to talk to Steve at RAD. Steve should know a guy in my area named jimmy who will internally balance it for not much more money

No shit. Might have to check that out for the next one...

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
BrokecrankLLY9.jpg

BrokecrankLLY6.jpg

BrokecrankLLY11.jpg

BrokecrankLLY10.jpg

BrokecrankLLY8.jpg

BrokecrankLLY7.jpg

BrokecrankLLY13.jpg

BrokecrankLLY4.jpg

BrokecrankLLY5.jpg

BrokecrankLLY.jpg

BrokecrankLLY5.jpg

BrokecrankLLY18.jpg

BrokecrankLLY16.jpg

rcr1978

Apr 1, 2007
Spring Creek, NV
Ouch how much horsepower? Wonder if the piston erosion happend on the smaller turbo or set of turbo's? What injectors, rpm, timing and pulse width if you mind sharing if not thanks for the pics. Do the stock uncut pistons erode this heavily on other peoples motors I remember seing pics of some that where this bad from the juice. The crank sucks but the pistons are what really get my attention. Sorry for all the questions I dont get to see this stuff much :baby::D

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
Time for the Mahle steel pistons maybe? No aluminum can be close in hard conditions.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Time for the Mahle steel pistons maybe? No aluminum can be close in hard conditions.

I am thinking Arias as of now..

What injectors?? That's radically uneven erosion leading me to suspect the quality of the spray pattern.

I believe my back to back to back sled pull that melted my up pipes and caught my truck on fire is more to blame then the injectors.. :eek: To much heat and a ton of fuel...

:eek:That just looks like it hurts...

My wallet is hurting abought now :)

Colt

Jul 23, 2010
3 Hot laps sled pulling had to be the kill temps would just get so hi and stay there if not let sit some to cool out it seems. Big fuel ouch...

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
if you can find out what your max pulse and timing was at wot and also what is your injector size. just for my own curiosity.

also were you maintaining full rail pressure at wot and what was your apx egt?

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
if you can find out what your max pulse and timing was at wot and also what is your injector size. just for my own curiosity.

also were you maintaining full rail pressure at wot and what was your apx egt?

Not sure about the Pulse width or timing, I just load the tunes;) 40% Nozzles, Rail pressure was good at WOT, EGT's Varied but it would still bury a 1600deg pyro in the 1/4 even with the twins.... O.T. but,,, did you guys figure out what you are doing about the 50k race? Still going?

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
Hey Jason, we are still going, are you interested in the drive or did your wife decide to go too?

I'm going to the 50k race for sure, The wife is not going. I booked her/us a couples trip to a resort, so I am free to do as I please the end of Feb.. :woott: I just can't decide if I want to drive 20+ hrs each way on a 4 day trip:eek: In one way it would definetly be cheaper if we all chipped in, Drove and shared expenses but on the other I can take a direct flight there in 3hrs :) My vote is we all jump on a plane and split the rental cost's and such once we get down there :thumb: But I understand if you guy's dont want to spend the extra $$ on a plane ticket right now. The other option is just taking my wifes Denali down but it's still a long a$$ drive for a few days...

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
I'm going to the 50k race for sure, The wife is not going. I booked her/us a couples trip to a resort, so I am free to do as I please the end of Feb.. :woott: I just can't decide if I want to drive 20+ hrs each way on a 4 day trip:eek: In one way it would definetly be cheaper if we all chipped in, Drove and shared expenses but on the other I can take a direct flight there in 3hrs :) My vote is we all jump on a plane and split the rental cost's and such once we get down there :thumb: But I understand if you guy's dont want to spend the extra $$ on a plane ticket right now. The other option is just taking my wifes Denali down but it's still a long a$$ drive for a few days...

If you guys are interested me and NJ LLY are driving down and have room, you would just have to meet us in Jersey:thumb:

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
If you guys are interested me and NJ LLY are driving down and have room, you would just have to meet us in Jersey:thumb:

I appreciate the offer, I will have to talk with juddski88 and/or Dmaxfireman and see what those guys decided there doing. I think it was still up in the air if they were flying or driving. If nothing else we will have to get together down there for a couple :beer