LLY FICM

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I suppose this could be a wtb thread, but am looking to see if anyone has a good FICM that I could borrow? And we can discuss testing if you guys would like...

So some of you might have read that my truck quit on me a while ago. With watching the kids, holiday season and helping on the tree farm I haven't really worked on it very much. I have repaired most of the damage I could see under the fuse box, truck wouldn't start still. EDU fuse was blown so I check the wiring going to the FICM and didn't find anything. A4 and A5 pins on the engine jumper have continuity to pins 5 and 119 on the FICM. Test for short to ground on A4 and A5, they're shorted. Unplug FICM harness and they are no longer shorted. I'm going to ASSUME the FICM is bad

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I've had good luck with having them repaired through SIA Electronics. They will test it and tell you if it is bad or not and if it is repairable or not. I think I've sent in 5 so far and only had one they couldn't fix.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
As far as I know it's a generic LLY program, not VIN specific. They can be swapped around truck to truck
If they can not repair it or if you need one to test You might get with brad. I don't know if Brad - (Bdsankey) is around right now, He might have one. He posted in another thread about one but I have not spoken with him this week. He might be visiting his family or something.

Reactions: PureHybrid

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
Well SIA said mine was burnt beyond repair. Attached are pictures when I peeled it open before I sent it in. Claimed that it took out the tracer wires to the processor? So they're sending it back and I'm exploring a couple avenues with my inside man. Brad sold his FICM, and I'm currently not in the mood to spend big bucks (after all the holiday $) on a "good used" unit that might smoke again in a year.

20221230_043850.jpg20221230_043919.jpg

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
That blows... I have seen a few pop up that were less expensive recently. still not cheap but not the 2-3k others are selling them for.

Last edited:

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Well SIA said mine was burnt beyond repair. Attached are pictures when I peeled it open before I sent it in. Claimed that it took out the tracer wires to the processor? So they're sending it back and I'm exploring a couple avenues with my inside man. Brad sold his FICM, and I'm currently not in the mood to spend big bucks (after all the holiday $) on a "good used" unit that might smoke again in a year.

View attachment 112153View attachment 112154
If you want to send it to me I'll give a crack at soldering those traces back up. I won't have any way to test it as I don't have an LLY but it would be cheap try with just the cost of shipping. Assuming the chip is still good I see no reason it couldn't be repaired

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
I don't know if this one is still available for $900 but it was posted in a local to me duramax group not on regular market place.
Thanks for the links. I have a FB account but haven't logged in for a few years. Never did join any specific diesel "groups"
If you want to send it to me I'll give a crack at soldering those traces back up. I won't have any way to test it as I don't have an LLY but it would be cheap try with just the cost of shipping. Assuming the chip is still good I see no reason it couldn't be repaired
When it comes back I'll get with you.

Found where the auto store listed one through Cardone, but they have to contact first and get a quote on availability.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
These guys also appear to have several LLYs being parted out. Maybe they still have the FICMs. They are pretty close to my work so I can try and swing by and ask

ALL AMERICAN AUTO DISMANTLING
11355 DISMANTLE CT
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
916-800-5015

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
That's up to you, I'd appreciate it though. My inside man is checking his end later today, see what he can turn up.

I called Hicksville Auto, since GM is all they do. Lady said probably don't have any, but would check. That was a few days ago and never heard back. Might try calling again

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
I wish the prices on these things weren't through the roof. Blows my mind that FICMs are a hard-to-get item but it makes sense on a 1.5yr produced engine.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I wish the prices on these things weren't through the roof. Blows my mind that FICMs are a hard-to-get item but it makes sense on a 1.5yr produced engine.
With the cost of the used ones, I am surprised they haven't found some one to remake them.