LLY Ficm

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
I can't believe it actually runs. I was only joking when I said that code would idle an engine..

Meanwhile, back on the bench, I'm stress testing the hardware.. These new processors won't fry for some darn reason.

I've somehow caused an mpu to short internally, and while its max operating temperature is 80c, it's still alive and running code at 175c.

PASS

20240318_013206.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

07-6mt

Sep 15, 2023
South
👀 still watching from the back, this is exciting. Props to you guys for all of the hard work and dedication! I am still here waiting to be a test guinea pig when your ready - '05 LLY, currently holding down the pavement

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
just so you guys don't fall asleep. Board #2 has been made and we're just waiting on shipping. then we can load up the latest code and run some tests. the current code looks promising. so hopefully this board can run my truck better than the previous one could. we made a lot of changes based on what we figured out on the first build.
PCB Rendering V1.62.png

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
I’m gunna need to get me one of these. Yall are bad asses!
I'm pretty sure we can find one with your name on somewhere.. :)

However lets make sure it's one of the full release versions with all the bugs worked out. While Prototype 1 made the LED's flash in order at high speeds, and actually ran Jason engine in the name of science, it suffered from some "Lag" in a nice term,, on both the hardware and software sides. Which made us not only re-pin the MPU and redesign the isolation hardware involved in protecting said MPU, but also take a new approach to all interrupts in our code.

Seem capturing 30us to 3000us injector pulse patterns and their exact positions in time, related to the 60-3tooth crank wheel spinning at 60hz,, and then exactly replicating that same injector pulse pattern exactly 90 degrees of crank ration later in time, Ain't all that simple to converter to 1 and 0's that add up right.. I hope that makes sense somewhat.

But I finally think we have that part of the code, running on an evaluation board with no isolation hardware involved, at within 1.5% tolerance received vs transmitted injector pulse signals. Have only tested with some emulated low end PW values, across the normal 500-4000rpm operating range, but it's looking pretty good. If it can track 30us at 4000r, it should be good enough with 3000us at 6000r if ya require it.

So I'm pretty happy with our progress. Firmware has taking longer than expected, but lucky for me, Jason also needed some hardware stuff sorted. Now it's down to adding some missfire safeties, the CANbus messages onto this code, and it should at least idle nicely. Since I don't have a healthy LLY ECM on the bench, and we stll need to rewrite all the LB7 parts of the code before I can bench it, sure looks like Jason's LLY is gonna be our rolling bench test guinea pig for Prototype 1.62 right outa the box... :love:

Here's our code currently running on the MPU evaluation board captured by a cheap scope..

FUCM-OS-4000R-Pilot_Main-Good.jpg

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I wouldn't be surprised if the LLY ECM still shared the LS1B connectors. I know I use the exact same bench harness for the LS1B and the LB7: even the power, ground, IGN, and Class2 pins are the same, at least the handful you hook up to flash it.

Sent from my FlashScan V2 using Tapatalk