LLY Ficm

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
Found a Spy photo hacked from a tic-toc infected Iphone. .

cc746636bf0762722ce10db3d4b691e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
That was just Arduino with straight 1-8 firing order. I made up a ribbon cable with a splitter going to the digital scope, so there is no crappy connections while testing the injector or tach signals.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Interesting. I "fixed" the input LEDs on mine by flipping them around and they still don't work. I was wondering if it was Arduino related but apparently not. So either I burnt them trying to solder them back in place or I accidentally flipped them 360° back to the same orientation 🤦‍♂️IMG_20240214_222227_01.jpg

I think I did a good job considering these things a barely bigger then a grain of sand

Reactions: kidturbo

kidturbo

Piston Tester
Jul 21, 2010
Somewhere On The Ohio
www.marinemods.us
I was reading where they are very heat sensitive and typically don't survive removal. So I dropped off bag of spares at my FixIt buddy and said just replace all of em..

Think I have a stable bench harness wired up finally. Took a few tries, but I have all the injector signals, along witjh crank, and ground on a 10 pin ribbon cable now.

2a280f92092fc7b77a4afd0760fbd2bf.jpg

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Is there a purpose to the LEDs?
Really just a quick diagnostic LED. Mostly for testing to make sure we are getting a good signal. Since we can't see electrons directly we need to convert them to photons so we know there is a good signal going into the MPU. Plus, and maybe most importantly, they look pretty 😁

Future revisions may leave them off. But if they prove helpful for others to be able to just tell us what LEDs are active we might be able to do Internet diagnostics without having to send the boards back. Something like: one of my injectors isn't firing, your board is bad. We: what do the LEDs show? All but one input LED is blinking. We: you have a break in the harness or connector and the board is not getting the signal to fire the injectors. No need to pull out the meters or teach someone how to test components or measure anything.

Or all LEDs on input blinking but one on the output is not. Then dead board. Send it back. Makes things simpler for the layman

Reactions: 1FastBrick

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Really just a quick diagnostic LED. Mostly for testing to make sure we are getting a good signal. Since we can't see electrons directly we need to convert them to photons so we know there is a good signal going into the MPU. Plus, and maybe most importantly, they look pretty 😁

Future revisions may leave them off. But if they prove helpful for others to be able to just tell us what LEDs are active we might be able to do Internet diagnostics without having to send the boards back. Something like: one of my injectors isn't firing, your board is bad. We: what do the LEDs show? All but one input LED is blinking. We: you have a break in the harness or connector and the board is not getting the signal to fire the injectors. No need to pull out the meters or teach someone how to test components or measure anything.

Or all LEDs on input blinking but one on the output is not. Then dead board. Send it back. Makes things simpler for the layman
What If an LED fails ? Do you just test across it to verify If the LED is dead?

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
Source: https://youtu.be/Wee1kKjVID0

Another teaser. This time testing an injector on the new board. The signal looks really good and strong. Still have a bit more programming to do before we can try it in a truck but this shows some promise that we are on the right track

IMG_20240228_221552.jpg
This is the injector drive voltage. A strong spike to open the injector then drops down to a holding voltage before ending the pulse. Quite clean. Possibly better then stock