line pressure

duramax_03

Jul 10, 2015
Its already built iv been running it for about 5k miles shifts fine has about 40 passes down the track and some pulls. I just read something the other day about line pressure and was wondering if i should shim it. And the only way to learn how to do something is by trying it

JoshH

Daggum farm truck
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 14, 2007
Texas!!!
I take it this wasn't a kit. At a minimum, you should have also done a shim and a transgo converter lockup valve.

duramax_03

Jul 10, 2015
Not a kit everyone i talked to said to do clutches, steels , tc, and shift kit. If i knew about shimming it i would have done it. Where can i get the converter lock up valve

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Not a kit everyone i talked to said to do clutches, steels , tc, and shift kit. If i knew about shimming it i would have done it. Where can i get the converter lock up valve

Since you're drag racing you need more than a shim. You need my spring and a shim. Do a search here and you will find out how to modify the stock valve for no knock down in pressure. Most of the guys here are pretty savvy in transmissions and have modified their valves.
When you ask us for help, you need to give us a lot more info than you have.
Like exactly which GPZ clutches, how many in each clutch pack, which steels.
Remember; we can not see what you see and we don't have a cristal ball.:D

duramax_03

Jul 10, 2015
Where can i get your spring iv looked online and cant find anything . and i should i put in the sc shim. And sorry for the lack of info first post.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Where can i get your spring iv looked online and cant find anything . and i should i put in the sc shim. And sorry for the lack of info first post.
You buy it directly from Mike. And we still need to know what you have in it. There are more than one set of GPZ clutches as I understand it, how many in each stack, was this just drop in clutches, and so on and so on.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Does anyone sell just c3s with 6 so i can do them when i put the spring and shim in
The taller C3 stack requires a spacer and modified plate to work. It isn't just a drop in pack. With that being said, I only run 5 in my C3 like so many others did with the older SUNCOAST stage 3 kits.

Evan@InglewoodTrans

yerp
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 5, 2010
Western MA
The taller C3 stack requires a spacer and modified plate to work. It isn't just a drop in pack. With that being said, I only run 5 in my C3 like so many others did with the older SUNCOAST stage 3 kits.

A lot of people did a lot things years ago it doesn't make it right. 5 will probably be fine but if he's making decent power and running it at the track a lot it's not the best option.

duramax_03

Jul 10, 2015
Yea i will be running at the track alot and im going for 600-650 after winter would u suggest replacing it with 6 evan