line pressure

duramax_03

Jul 10, 2015
So when i built my trans i installed a transgo shift kit (not the jr) thats supposed to be good for 600hp. And so i was wondering if anyone knew wat there springs would put my line pressure at. Mods are intake , exhaust, efi, built trans , and fass 150

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
So when i built my trans i installed a transgo shift kit (not the jr) thats supposed to be good for 600hp. And so i was wondering if anyone knew wat there springs would put my line pressure at. Mods are intake , exhaust, efi, built trans , and fass 150

Fill out your signature, the transmission guys have no idea if your writing about a 5 speed LB7, LLY, 6 speed LBZ, LMM or the 6 speed LML...
Since he said full kit, not the jr, we can assume he has a 5 speed as only the 5 speed uses the full kit. As to what it can hold, not alot more than a stock 6 speed can really. You still have the skimpy C2 apply plate, off center C2 apply, and unless you put in a converter lockup boost valve, your still losing 100PSI in lockup on main pressure. The TRANSGO kit is a definate improvement over stock, but it isn't going to help your C1, C3, and C4's much, primarily it helps the C2 and raises your trimmed applies to line isntead of 125PSI.

chrisuns

Sep 11, 2009
San Antonio, TX
You're killing me, it's "what!"

If you're saying all you installed into the transmission is the transgo kit. Then you're on borrowed time as is (at a true 500hp); in no-way shape or fashion is that kit capable of holding 600hp{Let alone 500hp(it truly holds 400-425hp on a healthy transmission with good tuning)}, regardless of what the literature says.

You're going to need a full on build: clutches, converter, etc.

Now, if you have a full on build, ignore what I said. However, you're not leading us to believed that; as a transgo alone, doesn't qualify as a build.

andy-stevenson

Jul 7, 2013
No offense but it seems like this might be one transmission that would be better off built by a professional.